BBI Donation Campaign – Only Three Weeks Left!: The annual BigBlueInteractive.com (BBI) donation campaign continues. If you value BBI, your support is needed. For details, please see the BBI Donation page.
Training camp is fast coming to an end. We will only be collecting donations for three more weeks. Please give if you can.
Bad Injury News on Canty and Alford: More devastating than a meaningless preseason loss to the Bears on Saturday night was the injury update news the Giants provided yesterday.
- DT/Long Snapper Jay Alford (knee): According to Vice President of Communications Pat Hanlon, Alford tore his MCL and partially tore his ACL in his left knee. The Giants plan to have Alford strengthen and rehab the knee for approximately two weeks and then make a determination on severity of ACL damage. If surgery is required, Alford’s season may be over.
- DT/DE Chris Canty (hamstring): “Canty, no, that is not progressing the way we want it to,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “It is a serious injury. But, the expectation of getting healthy, on a couple different occasions, has been there, but there is not a lot of progress being made…It was a tear.”
- DT Rocky Bernard (hamstring): “We are expecting Bernard to be able to practice and then perhaps looking forward to him playing this weekend,” said Coughlin.
- LB Antonio Pierce (foot): “As far as Antonio goes, that will be as we go forward here, it is going to end up being, I don’t know if I can even say day by day, but I know that’s what the feeling was,” said Coughlin.
- S Kenny Phillips (knee): “I think Phillips is going back out there even if it is in a limited way,” said Coughlin.
- CB Aaron Ross (hamstring): “Ross will be limited, but he has been out there before limited,” said Coughlin. “He hasn’t really been able to step on the gas, so to speak. I am not sure how that will go.”
- WR Mario Manningham (hip): Manningham suffered a hip pointer injury against the Bears and will be evaluated on a day-to-day basis.
- Guards Chris Snee (knee) and Rich Seubert (shoulder): “I think we are going to see Snee and Richie Seubert back on the practice field,” said Coughlin. “Let’s hope we can play them this weekend.”
Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Sunday Media Conference Call: The transcript of Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Sunday media conference call is available at Giants.com.
Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Post-Game Press Conference: The video of Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s post-game press conference after the Giants-Bears preseason game is available at Giants.com.
Player Post-Game Media Q&As: The videos of Q&A sessions immediately after the Giants 17-3 loss to the Bears with the following players are available at Giants.com:
Giants-Bears Video Highlights: Video highlights of the Giants’ 17-3 preseason loss to the Chicago Bears are available at Giants.com.
NY Post Q&A With WR Ramses Barden: Serby’s Sunday Q&A With…Ramses Barden by Steve Serby of The New York Post
Notes: The training camp practice schedule is available in the Training Camp section of the website.