NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
TE Larry Donnell (neck), LG Justin Pugh (concussion), and LB Mark Herzlich (quad) have officially been ruled out of Sunday’s game against the Washington Redskins. OC Weston Richburg (ankle) is listed as “doubtful” for the game.
NJ.com is reporting that an MRI taken on Donnell’s neck on Wednesday did not reveal any serious long-term damage, but Donnell is still likely to miss at least four games and possibly the remainder of the regular-season.
“It’s in pretty rough shape,” Donnell said. “It’s going to be a while before I’m able to play again…There’s a chance I could play again this season, but this is not an arm, not a foot. This is my neck. I’ve broken arms, broken legs and I knew they were broken. This is a neck, so we just have to be really careful.”
“The fact is (Donnell is) not where they want him to be when they would give him the green light, so he’s not ready to go,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “(Putting him on season-ending Injured Reserve is) something that would be determined as we go along.”
Regarding Richburg, who practiced on Wednesday but not on Thursday, Coughlin said, “There was no re-injury, obviously he had a few snaps the day before and it didn’t work out.”
LB J.T. Thomas (ankle) is “questionable” for the game.
OG Geoff Schwartz (ankle), DE Damontre Moore (hamstring), LB Uani ‘Unga (neck), CB Prince Amukamara (pectoral), and CB Leon McFadden (groin) are “probable” for the game.
TOM COUGHLIN AND THE COORDINATORS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Head Coach Tom Coughlin (Video) (Giants.com Q&A)
- Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo (Video)
- Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn (Video)
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- WR Odell Beckham (Video)
- TE Larry Donnell (Video)
- LB Devon Kennard (Giants.com Player Spotlight Video)
- Giants get holiday gifts but need to focus on themselves by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- Playoff hunt this late in season a change of pace for Giants by Justin Terranova of The New York Post
- Mediocrity to greatness? Eli Manning knows a thing about that by Mike Vaccaro of The New York Post
- Inside the Giants’ red zone woes, and why ending them is crucial to their playoff chances by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Durable Eli Manning just chugs on by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Hakeem Nicks anxious to seize unexpected 2nd Giants chance by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- WR Hakeem Nicks took practice reps in Giants offense, could be active vs. Washington Redskins by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Jasper Brinkley on Steve Spagnuolo’s defense, being pigeonholed as a run stopper | Giants 4 Downs interview by James Kratch for NJ.com
- History of the Giants-Redskins rivalry by Nick Klopsis of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants will have a 45-minute, up-tempo “walk-thru” practice on Saturday that is not open to the media. The Giants play the Washington Redskins in Maryland on Sunday.