[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
HARRY HULMES PASSES AWAY…
Harry Hulmes III, who served in various roles with the New York Giants for 25 years, has passed away at the age of 88.
Hulmes joined the Giants in 1984 as an assistant to then-General Manager George Young. Hulmes later became the special assistant to the general manager until 1998. From 1998 to 2008, Hulmes served as a scout for the team.
“Harry was an instrumental part of our success under George Young,” said team President and CEO John Mara. “While he may have operated behind the scenes, he was an invaluable member of our front office and was George’s right hand man for many years. He was beloved by everyone at the Giants and around the NFL. It is s very sad day for all of us.”
“Harry was one of the true gentlemen in the NFL,” said General Manager Jerry Reese. “I loved hearing him read his very detailed game day scouting reports on players. Some of them would start like this, ‘It was a brisk, sunny fall afternoon and the wind was blowing out of the northeast at 10 miles-per-hour. Nonetheless, the stadium was packed, and both teams seemed ready to go.'”
“GIANTS INSIDER” Q&As…
Video clips of Q&A sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- NFL free agency: What is Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul worth? by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giants free agent files: Ruben Randle; what he’s worth, done and brings to the table by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Mohamed Sanu, Kamar Aiken and Alshon Jeffery among wide receivers Giants could consider signing by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Giants should try to do better than Chris Long, James Laurinaitis by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Giants could find offensive line help in draft by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Mel Kiper Jr. and Mike Mayock say 2016 NFL draft shapes up well for the Giants by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Noah Spence, Shawn Oakman and Emmanuel Ogbah are three pass-rushing options for Giants on draft day by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Eli Manning says Giants WR Odell Beckham making progress, meltdown vs. Panthers ‘was the exception’ by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- London Calling: Osi’s New Role by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
- ’86 Giants ranked among all-time best defenses by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.