[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
NEW YORK GIANTS SIGN LOGAN RYAN…
The NFL Network is reporting that the New York Giants have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent cornerback/safety Logan Ryan (Tennessee Titans). The deal is supposedly a 1-year, $7.5 million contract.
The 29-year old, 5’11”, 195-pound Ryan was originally drafted in the 3rd round of the 2013 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots. He has spent time with the Patriots (2013-2016) and Titans (2017-2019), playing 109 regular-season games with 85 starts. In 2019 with the Titans, Ryan started all 16 regular-season games and accrued 105 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 18 pass defenses, and four interceptions. A career cornerback, Ryan has indicated he would like to be moved to safety.
AUGUST 31, 2020 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP MEDIA PRACTICE NOTES…
Some snippets from various media and team sources:
- Early part of the practice emphasized the running game.
- QB Daniel Jones was sharp throughout practice. In 11-on-11 drills, Jones threw a long pass to WR Darius Slayton. Jones later connected with RB Saquon Barkley on a deep pass for a touchdown.
- WR Corey Coleman has been difficult to cover for all of the defensive backs.
- WR Alex Bachman caught a diving touchdown in 11-on-11 drills.
- RB Dion Lewis continues to show good quickness as a runner and receiver.
- In 11-on-11 drills, WR Derrick Dillon made a twisting, finger-tip reception on a pass from QB Colt McCoy.
- CB Dravon Askew-Henry knocked away a short QB Colt McCoy pass intended for WR David Sills.
- CB Corey Ballentine defended a QB Daniel Jones pass intended for WR Alex Bachman.
- CB James Bradberry showed great timing in breaking up a QB Daniel Jones pass intended for WR Sterling Shepard.
- Defensive linemen Dalvin Tomlinson and Dexter Lawrence batted down passes at the line of scrimmage.
- LB Kyler Fackrell “sacked” the quarterback a couple of times during team drills.
- TE Eric Tomlinson made a twisting touchdown reception on a pass from QB Colt McCoy against linebacker. T.J. Brunson.
- LB Devante Downs leveled RB Sandro Platzgummer.
- LT Andrew Thomas clobbered LB Devante Downs on a run block for RB Saquon Barkley.
- PK Graham Gano made 5-of-6 field goals, missing a 50+ yard effort.
- The Giants provided a video overview of today’s practice on YouTube.
Safety Xavier McKinney (left foot fracture), linebacker David Mayo (torn meniscus in left knee), safety Jaquarius Landrews (unknown), and tight end Rysen John (unknown) did not practice.
Wide receiver Golden Tate (hamstring?), defensive lineman R.J. McIntosh (ankle?), and safety Montre Hartage (hamstring?) all left practice early.
HEAD COACH JOE JUDGE…
The transcript of Joe Judge’s press conference on Monday is available in The Corner Forum while the video is available at Giants.com.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The New York Giants practice Tuesday afternoon (12:30-2:30PM). Head Coach Joe Judge and select players will address the media after practice.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.