[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
BigBlueInteractive.com (BBI) Updates: In case you missed it, articles from BBI today:
- August 14, 2014 New York Giants Training Camp Report
- Will Beatty Set to Return to the Playing Field Against Colts
- One Accomplishment Left for Giants’ Israel Idonije
August 14, 2014 New York Giants Injury Report: Not practicing on Thursday were RB Peyton Hillis (ankle/foot), WR Trindon Holliday (hamstring), TE Daniel Fells (knee), TE Xavier Grimble (hamstring), and LB Jon Beason (PUP – foot).
“(Fells) is not out here,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “He started back, but we couldn’t get him all the way back. We are supposed to have him next week.”
FB John Conner (concussion) worked in individual drills.
WR Odell Beckham (hamstring) participated in individual and some team drills.
“(Beckham) is not going to play (on Saturday against the Colts),” said Coughlin. “Expect him next week, but not this week. There is not enough work…We have had him for individuals and we have had him for a few plays. When the few plays are run, he looks to be doing fine, but like everybody, they need more repetition, more time on the field. They need to be in that fatigued state to see how they perform then. We need all of those things to take place.”
August 14, 2014 New York Giants Player Media Q&As: Transcripts and video of Thursday’s media Q&A sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- FB Henry Hynoski (Video)
- WR Victor Cruz (Video)
- TE Daniel Fells (Giants.com Interview Video)
- LT Will Beatty (Video)
- CB Walter Thurmond (Video)
7 takeaways from Giants Media Hour by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
ESPN Radio Interview with DE Mathias Kiwanuka: The audio of ESPN Radio’s interview with DE Mathias Kiwanuka on Thursday is available at ESPN.com.
Article on 2014 New York Giants: Selecting the most important Giants for 2014 by Steve Serby of The New York Post
Article on Head Coach Tom Coughlin: Why Tom Coughlin doesn’t plan to stop coaching any time soon by Steve Politi of The Star-Ledger
Article on FB Henry Hynoski: A new name in Giants tight end mix: fullback Henry Hynoski by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Article on WR Victor Cruz and CB Walter Thurmond: Inside Victor Cruz and Walter Thurmond III’s practice battles by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
Articles on the New York Giants Offensive Line:
- Pugh, O-line prepped to assist Manning’s play-calling by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Mosley attempting to fill Snee’s big shoes by Kieran Darcy of ESPNNewYork.com
- Key to NY Giants’ offensive line is if Will Beatty can return to the player he used to be by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
Articles on LB Devon Kennard:
- Linebacker Devon Kennard excelling by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Giants rookie steal Kennard: good genes, bad college ride by George Willis of The New York Post
Articles on CB Walter Thurmond:
- Walter Thurmond wants to do it all by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Now with NY Giants, Walter Thurmond making a name for himself outside of Legion of Boom by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
Article on S Antrel Rolle: Antrel Rolle has the preseason highlight to prove he’s back at safety by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Notes: Lef tackle Will Beatty will see his first action in football game this weekend since breaking his leg in the 2013 regular-season finale.
Curtis Painter will be the second quarterback on Saturday against the Indianapolis Colts. Ryan Nassib will come in last.
— New York Giants (@Giants) August 13, 2014