According to ESPN, the New York Giants have requested permission from the Washington Redskins to interview Raheem Morris for the team’s now vacant defensive coordinator position. The Giants fired Perry Fewell on Wednesday.
The 38-year old Morris has been the Redskins’ defensive backs coach since 2012. Before that, from 2009-11, he was the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In 2007-08, Morris was the defensive backs coach for the Buccaneers. His complete coaching bio:
- 1998: Graduate Assistant, Hofstra University
- 1999: Defensive Backs Coach/Special Teams Assistant, Cornell University
- 2000–2001: Defensive Backs Coach, Hofstra University
- 2002: Defensive Quality Control Coach, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2003: Defensive Assistant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2004–2005: Assistant Defensive Backs Coach, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2006: Defensive Coordinator, Kansas State University
- 2007–2008: Defensive Backs Coach, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2009–2011: Head Coach, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2012–2014: Defensive Backs Coach, Washington Redskins
Although the Giants have requested permission to interview Morris, the Redskins are entitled to turn down the request. The Redskins fired their defensive coordinator Jim Haslett at the end of December.