The Giants held a walk-through practice on Monday and were not required to issue an official injury report. However, it did not appear as if WR Victor Cruz (calf), RB Orleans Darkwa (knee), TE Jerome Cunningham (knee), LT Will Beatty (pectoral – on PUP), and DT Markus Kuhn (knee) did much work.
“(Cruz) worked on the side,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin, who said Cruz was scheduled to work on the side on Monday. “Hopefully he’ll be able to practice (on Wednesday).”
“I’m convinced I’m playing Sunday,” said Cruz. “I feel good. I’m excited to be out there, excited to run some routes again today. The calf felt great…I ran about 20 routes just to kind of get myself used to running routes again, get my body used to running them again, seeing how the calf felt running routes. It felt good, there were no setbacks, everything felt fluid.”
Darkwa said an MRI taken on his knee on Friday showed no structural damage and that he should be fine.
It appeared that LT Ereck Flowers (ankle), DE Robert Ayers (hamstring), DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa (foot), and CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (concussion) all participated in at least some of the walk-through practice.
“It feels better,” said Flowers. “Yeah, (the extra time) was really helpful…(This week) is what I’m working toward.”
— New York Giants (@Giants) September 28, 2015
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
The following transcripts and video of player media sessions on Monday are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- FB/DT Nikita Whitlock (Video)
- WR Victor Cruz (Video)
- DE Robert Ayers (Video)
- CB Prince Amukamara (Video)
- CB Jayron Hosley (Video)
- 10 reasons to be optimistic about the Giants by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- A tale of two Giants: Three reasons to believe in Big Blue … and three reasons not to by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Giants co-owner John Mara: 0-2 start to season was ‘as tough as it gets’ by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Tom Coughlin’s Even Keel Rescues Giants From the Depths by William C. Rhoden of The New York Times
- How even-keeled Tom Coughlin kept Giants from desperation by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Meet the Giants’ do-it-all secret weapon a coach dreams about by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- A look at all Giants fullback Nikita Whitlock’s defensive snaps | Film review by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
GIANTS-REDSKINS: SIGHTS AND SOUNDS…
A sights and sounds video from the Giants’ 32-21 victory over the Washington Redskins is now available at Giants.com.
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The players are off on Tuesday and return to practice on Wednesday in preparation for Sunday’s game in Buffalo against the Bills.
Chris Cooley has a tryout with the New York Giants tomorrow! That's why he'll miss The Drive on ESPN 980 today and tomorrow.
— ESPN 980 (@ESPNRadio980) September 28, 2015