INJURY REPORT – THOSE TROUBLESOME CALVES…
WR Victor Cruz (calf), LT Will Beatty (pectoral – on PUP), DE Robert Ayers (hamstring), DE George Selvie (calf), LB Devon Kennard (hamstring), LB Jonathan Casillas (calf), and CB Jayron Hosley (concussion) did not practice on Thursday.
“They said it was day-to-day and we’ll re-assess it on Monday,” said Cruz of his calf injury.
Casillas was a new addition to the injury report.
“Hosley is going to work today,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin before practice. “He can’t have any contact, but he’s going to move around and extend himself from what he did yesterday.”
CB Trumaine McBride (groin) practiced on a limited basis.
TE Jerome Cunningham (knee), LT Ereck Flowers (ankle), and DT Markus Kuhn (knee) fully practiced.
TOM COUGHLIN AND THE COORDINATORS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Head Coach Tom Coughlin (Video)
- Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo (Video)
- Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn (Video)
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Victor Cruz waits to be cleared as anniversary of knee injury approaches by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Why the Buffalo Bills’ criticism of Odell Beckham Jr. seems unjustified by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giants players say they’re not worried about MRSA infection spreading by Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
Instead of practicing, the Giants will hold a “recovery day” on Friday. The players will select two of six recovery stations, based on seniority. Their choices are massage, yoga, FMS (Functional Movement Screen) exercises designed for the individual, air compression boots, contrast bath (between a hot and cold tub), and self-massage with stick rollers and elastic bands.
The Giants will also have a 45-minute, full-speed practice on Saturday that is not open to the media. The Giants play the San Francisco 49ers at home on Sunday night.