GIANTS SIGN STANSLY MAPONGA OFF OF FALCONS’ PRACTICE SQUAD…
The New York Giants have signed defensive end Stansly Maponga off of the Practice Squad of the Atlanta Falcons. Maponga fills the vacancy on the 53-man roster created when the team waived defensive end Damontre Moore on Friday.
Maponga was originally drafted in the 5th round of the 2013 NFL Draft by the Falcons and converted to linebacker. From 2013-14, he played in 24 regular-season games with no starts, accruing eight tackles, one sack, and two fumble recoveries. The Falcons waived Maponga before the start of the 2015 season. Maponga is a bit of a defensive end-linebacker ‘tweener as he lacks ideal size and can have problems with big linemen. He is a good athlete with fine speed and quickness as an end.
NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
LB Devon Kennard (hamstring/foot) has officially been ruled out of Monday’s game against the Miami Dolphins.
LT Ereck Flowers (ankle), DE Robert Ayers (neck), and S Brandon Meriweather (knee) are “questionable” for the game. The Giants did not practice on Saturday but said Ayers would not have practiced for the second day in a row had they done so. Flowers and Meriweather would have been limited.
RT Marshall Newhouse (back) is “probable” for the game.
- How Coughlin messed with Giants’ minds to shake bad finishes by Mark Cannizzaro of The New York Post
- Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul sparking pass rush by Chris Iseman of The Bergen Record
- Journeyman Jasper Brinkley’s Resiliency Finding Him New NFL Life in New York by Patricia Traina for BleacherReport.com
- Damontre Moore speaks out on headphones incident with Cullen Jenkins, more in radio interview by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Let’s not reduce the Damontre Moore story to headphones by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com