[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
THE LATEST ON THE GIANTS HEAD COACHING SEARCH…
Here is the latest on the New York Giants search for a new head coach:
- NJ.com reports that the Giants interviewed Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo on Tuesday. The New York Post reports that the interview went “very well.” McAdoo will also reportedly interview with the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday.
- CBS Sports reports that the Giants will interview Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo on Thursday.
- According to FOXSports, the Giants will meet with Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase on Friday. Gase interviewed with the Eagles for their head coaching vacancy on Tuesday and will reportedly meet with the Eagles again this weekend. The Browns and Dolphins are also said to be interested in Gase.
- NFL.com reports that Jacksonville Jaguars Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach Doug Marrone will interview with the Giants on Saturday. The Eagles, Dolphins, and Browns are also said to be interested in Marrone.
- The New York Daily News reports the Giants plan to interview Carolina Panthers Defensive Coordinator Sean McDermott, but The New York Post reports that meeting has not yet been set up. Since the Panthers have a playoff bye, the Giants are allowed to interview McDermott this week, but not next week.
- The New York Daily News reports that the Giants are “considering” interviewing Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Coordinator Hue Jackson. But Jackson is not currently allowed to interview with other teams this week because the Bengals play this weekend.
- There have been some press reports linking New Orleans Saints Head Coach Sean Payton with the Giants, but the Saints have announced that Payton is remaining with the team.
KEVIN ABRAMS TO INTERVIEW WITH LIONS…
As previously reported, New York Giants Assistant General Manager Kevin Abrams will reportedly interview with the Detroit Lions for their general manager vacancy. Former New York Giants General Manager Ernie Accorsi (1998-2007) is serving as a consultant for the Lions and he has ties to Abrams.
- Friday’s With Coach Tom Coughlin by Bob Papa
- Coach’s five big mistakes by The Bergen Record
- John Mara’s 10-word admission that should worry Giants fans by Mike Vaccaro of The New York Post
- Giants’ Jerry Reese on hot seat by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- John Mara tells GM Reese: ‘Up to you now to get it fixed’ by Tom Rock of Newsday
- New names added to Giants potential coaching candidates include Doug Marrone, Adam Gase by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- On defense, Giants failed to finish in 2015 NFL season by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Cullen Jenkins surprised he didn’t reach playoffs in three seasons with Giants by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Devon Kennard has something to prove next season by Tom Rock of Newsday