GIANTS INTERVIEW ADAM GASE ON FRIDAY…
The New York Giants will interview Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase on Friday. Gase also served as the Denver Broncos quarterback coach in 2011-12 and offensive coordinator in 2013-14, working with quarterback Eli Manning’s brother Peyton. Gase has received interest from the Browns, Eagles, and Dolphins.
As reported previously, other candidates include:
- New York Giants Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo, who interviewed on Tuesday.
- New York Giants Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who interviewed on Thursday.
- Detroit Lions Defensive Coordinator Teryl Austin, who interviewed on Thursday.
- Jacksonville Jaguars Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach Doug Marrone, who will interview on Saturday.
- Carolina Panthers Defensive Coordinator Sean McDermott. However, the Panthers say the only team that has requested an interview with McDermott thus far is the Cleveland Browns. Teams can interview McDermott this week but not next week because of the Panthers playoff schedule.
Does not sound like Giants falling over themselves to get at Lovie Smith. Based on reactions last nite, that's good news for Giants Twitter.
— Tom Rock (@TomRock_Newsday) January 7, 2016
BEN MCADOO INTERVIEWS WITH EAGLES…
As previously reported, New York Giants Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo interviewed with the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday for their head coaching vacancy.
Eagles confirm they have interviewed Giants offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo for their head coach position today. Going very well.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 8, 2016
MARC ROSS INTERVIEWS WITH TITANS…
New York Giants Vice President of Player Evaluation Marc Ross interviewed with the Tennessee Titans on Thursday for their general manager vacancy. Ross has been with the Giants since 2007, serving as the team’s Director of College Scouting for six years before his position evolved to vice president of player evaluation. Regardless of his title, Ross has run the team’s drafts since 2007.
— Tennessee Titans (@Titans) January 7, 2016
RASHAD JENNINGS WINS FEDEX GROUND NFL PLAYER OF THE WEEK…
Fans have voted New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings the “FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week” for his performance in the regular-season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles. In that game, Jennings rushed for 170 yards on 27 carries (6.3 yards per carry) and a touchdown.
- The research: Jerry Reese wanted it … and the Giants’ results from Rounds 3-7 aren’t pretty by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Finding coach, spending $50M and other Giants offseason keys by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Giants seeking some answers by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Why Bill Belichick Might Actually Want New York Giants Job by Scott Ferrall of CBS Sports
- Lovie Smith’s stunning availability a potential Giants game-changer by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Yes, the Giants should talk to Lovie Smith by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com