(The Hue Jackson interview has reportedly been moved up to Wednesday now).
GIANTS TO INTERVIEW HUE JACKSON ON WEDNESDAY…
According to multiple press reports, the New York Giants will interview Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Coordinator Hue Jackson on Wednesday for the team’s vacant head coaching position. All New York Giants coaching interviews have been jointly conducted by team President/CEO John Mara and Senior Vice President/General Manager Jerry Reese.
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) January 13, 2016
The 50-year old Jackson was interviewed by the San Francisco 49ers and Cleveland Browns on Sunday for their head coaching vacancies. The Browns are said to be very serious contenders for his services but the 49ers interest has apparently waned.
As previously reported, the Giants have already interviewed the following six candidates:
- 38-year old New York Giants Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo, who interviewed on January 5th. McAdoo has also interviewed with the Eagles.
- 56-year old New York Giants Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who interviewed on January 7th.
- 50-year old Detroit Lions Defensive Coordinator Teryl Austin, who interviewed on January 7th. Austin has also interviewed with the Browns.
- 37-year old Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase, who interviewed on January 8th, but was hired by the Miami Dolphins as their new head coach the following day.
- 51-year old Jacksonville Jaguars Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach Doug Marrone, who interviewed on January 9th. Marrone has also interviewed with the Browns.
- 56-year old former Atlanta Falcons Head Coach Mike Smith, who interviewed on January 11th.
PAT FLAHERTY INTERVIEWS WITH VIKINGS…
FOXSports is reporting that New York Giants Offensive Line Coach Pat Flaherty interviewed with the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday for their vacant offensive line coach position. The Indianapolis Colts have also expressed interest in Flaherty and he may have interviewed with the Colts last week. Since Flaherty is still under contract with the Giants, teams must receive the Giants permission to interview him.
JIM HERRMANN INTERVIEWS WITH COLTS…
FOXSports is reporting that New York Giants Linebackers Coach Jim Herrmann is interviewing with the Indianapolis Colts for their vacant linebacker coach position. Since Herrmann is still under contract with the Giants, teams must receive the Giants permission to interview him.
49ERS INTERVIEW TOM COUGHLIN…
According to multiple press reports, the San Francisco 49ers interviewed Tom Coughlin on Tuesday for their head coaching vacancy. Coughlin resigned as the Giants head coach last week. He interviewed with the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday. Since Coughlin still has one year on his contract with the Giants, other teams must receive permission from the Giants to interview him.
- Why the Giants should hire Hue Jackson by Ian O’Connor of ESPN.com
- Giants coaching search update: Will they interview Hue Jackson? by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Ranking the Giants coaching candidates by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giants a possible landing spot if Nick Saban leaves Alabama for NFL by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Empty-handed Giants ditched their best coach candidate by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Unfortunately for Giants, Tom Coughlin is best coach on the market by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- Will Tye Embracing First NFL Offseason by Matt Cohen of Giants.com
- Cullen Jenkins talks lessons learned from 2015 by Dan Salomone of Giants.com