PRESEASON SCHEDULE RELEASED…
The 2016 preseason schedule for the New York Giants has been released. Specific times have not yet been released.
- Friday, August 12: Miami Dolphins
- August 18-21: at Buffalo Bills
- Saturday, August 27: at New York Jets
- Thursday, September: New England Patriots
The team’s 2016 regular-season opponents are listed in the Schedule section of the website.
MARKUS KUHN SIGNS WITH PATRIOTS…
New York Giants unrestricted free agent defensive tackle Markus Kuhn has signed with the New England Patriots.
“I couldn’t be more happy about my time here and I’ll definitely miss that place with all the great people in this building,” wrote Kuhn. “Good byes are never fun, even if they’re just a see you later. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. It’s time to move on and I couldn’t be more excited where life is taking me next. ”
The Giants placed Markus Kuhn on Injured Reserve with a knee injury in December 2015. In his four season with the Giants, Kuhn has steadily seen his playing time increase. In 2015, he played in 10 games with nine starts, finishing the year with 20 tackles and 0.5 sacks. Kuhn was originally drafted in the 7th round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Giants. Kuhn was born in Germany and was only a one-year starter in college.
HAKEEM NICKS VISITS BENGALS…
ESPN is reporting that New York Giants unrestricted free agent wide receiver Hakeem Nicks tried out with the Cincinnati Bengals on Tuesday.
Desperate for veteran wide receiver help, the Giants signed Nicks off of the street in November 2015. Unfortunately, the results were not good. Nicks played in six games with two starts, but finished with only seven catches for 54 yards. It’s been a precipitous decline for Nicks ever since his stellar 2010 and 2011 seasons when he compiled 155 catches for 2,244 yards and 18 touchdowns in 28 regular-season games.
Nicks was originally drafted by the Giants in the 1st round of the 2009 NFL Draft. After two disappointing seasons in 2012 and 2013 when Nicks’ production fell to 109 passes for 1,588 yards and three touchdowns in 28 regular-season games, Nicks departed in free agency for the Indianapolis Colts. Nicks’ production in Indianapolis was disappointing too as he caught 38 passes for 405 yards and four touchdowns. He tried to catch on with the Tennessee Titans in training camp in 2015 but did not make the team. Nicks’ demise has largely been attributed to injuries, including compartment syndrome in his lower right leg in 2010 as well as a broken right foot and a poster cruciate ligament (PCL) tear in 2012.
- Victor Cruz update: Giants star shows off his progress in workout videos by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Victor Cruz workout videos don’t mean much at this point by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Victor Cruz’s video raises hope, but not too much by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- New position coach says ‘sky’s the limit’ for Jason Pierre-Paul in 2016 by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Johnson signing could mean position change for Whitlock by ESPN.com
- Giants went all-in on Eli Manning in 2004 despite heavy cost by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Players attending the Giants Pro Day for local prospects by Jordan Raanan and James Kratch for NJ.com
- Why Clemson DE Shaq Lawson won’t be the Giants pick at No. 10 by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com