[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
GIANTS CLAIM QB LOGAN THOMAS, WAIVE QB B.J. DANIELS…
Although not officially announced yet, various news sources are reporting that the New York Giants have claimed quarterback Logan Thomas off of waivers from the Miami Dolphins. To make room for Thomas, the team has waived quarterback B.J. Daniels.
The 24-year old Thomas was originally drafted in the 4th round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Arizona Cardinals. The Dolphins claimed Thomas off of waivers from the Cardinals in September 2015. Thomas has only played in two NFL games, completing one pass in nine attempts for an 81-yard touchdown. Thomas is a huge, athletic quarterback with a quick release and strong arm. He has been an inconsistent performer with decision-making and accuracy issues.
The Giants signed Daniels as a veteran tryout player after the rookie mini-camp in May 2016. Daniels was originally drafted in the 7th round of the 2013 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers. He has spent time with the 49ers (2013), Seattle Seahawks (2013-15), and Houston Texans (2015).
EUGENE MONROE TURNS DOWN GIANTS?…
BleacherReport.com reports that free agent offensive tackle Eugene Monroe has turned down efforts by the New York Giants for his services because of Monroe’s insistence on playing left tackle. BleacherReport.com said trade talks between the Giants and Ravens fell apart when Monroe would not accept a salary cut before being traded and because he did not want to play right tackle for the Giants.
The 29-year old Monroe was originally drafted in the 1st round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars traded Monroe to the Ravens in October 2013. In seven seasons, Monroe has started regular-season 90 games. He missed five regular-season games in 2014 and 10 regular-season games in 2015 due to injury.
- Ben McAdoo’s whirlwind Giants tenure needs a break — now by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- How Ben McAdoo and the Giants handled playcalling this spring by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Strong spring: These 12 Giants impressed during the offseason program by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Five reasons it feels like this will be the Giants’ year by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- The Giants need an offensive revolution, and that starts with WR Sterling Shepard by Thomas George of SBNation.com
- Giants’ Ereck Flowers sounds thrilled his old coach is gone by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- How much should Eugene Monroe’s marijuana advocacy concern Giants, if at all? by James Kratch for NJ.com
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.