[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
DECEMBER 16, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (core muscle) has officially been ruled out of Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions.
Running back Shane Vereen (concussion), linebacker Keenan Robinson (shoulder), and safety Nat Berhe (concussion) are “questionable” for the game. Head Coach Ben McAdoo said that Vereen and Berhe are still in the concussion protocol.
“We haven’t seen (Robinson) do much this week,” said McAdoo. “He knows how to take care of his body with the injuries he’s had in the past, similar type injuries. So we’ll see more from him tomorrow to know if he can go or not.”
Left guard Justin Pugh (knee), long snapper Zak DeOssie (hamstring), defensive end Owa Odighizuwa (knee), defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins (shoulder), and linebacker Mark Herzlich (concussion) are “probable” for the game.
“Justin’s practiced well this week, so we’ll take a look at him again tomorrow in practice,” said McAdoo. “He’s a good player, he’s been a good player for us and when we can get him, as soon as we can get him back, we’ll take him.”
THE COACHES SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Ben McAdoo Press Conference (Video)
- Ben McAdoo Giants.com Q&A
- Wide Receivers Coach Adam Henry
- Offensive Line Coach Mike Solari (Video)
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum:
- Giants fans may not get it, but the players love Ben McAdoo by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Giants can say goodbye to Super Bowl if offense doesn’t improve by Justin Terranova of The New York Post
- Sterling Shepard has fit in with Giants, but what about the socks? by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Giants vet backup not rocking boat despite Flowers’ struggles by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Big Blue getting Giant return on $200 million investment in defense by Gary Myers of The Daily News
- Giants bring NFL’s best blitzing defense into matchup with Lions by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- ‘Snacks’ feasting with Giants after years of starving with Jets by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Romeo Okwara settling into new role as starting defensive lineman by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants’ Janoris Jenkins and his ‘Jackrabbit football’ finally getting recognition by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Even the Giants didn’t know Janoris Jenkins would be this good by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- Wing and a player: Giants punter now a weapon by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Giants strength coach Aaron Wellman’s techniques have helped Big Blue to 9-4 record by Pat Leonard of The Daily News
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
There is no press availability to the team on Saturday. The Giants play the Detroit Lions at home on Sunday at 1:00PM ET.
Landon Collins (@TheHumble_21) is the 1st NFL safety with 100+ tackles, 5+ INTs & 3+ sacks in a season since Rodney Harrison in 2000 pic.twitter.com/BdjDzUl6Zm
— Randall Liu (@RLiuNFL) December 16, 2016
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.