Right tackle Bobby Hart (ankle), linebacker B.J. Goodson (shin), linebacker J.T. Thomas (groin), and cornerback Janoris Jenkins (ankle) did not practice on Wednesday.
“It’s something (with Jenkins) that worsened as (last) week went on,” said Head Coach Ben McAdoo.
Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. (ankle), tight end Evan Engram (concussion), and linebacker Keenan Robinson (concussion) practiced on a limited basis.
“(Engram is) in the protocol,” said McAdoo. “He had a non-contact practice today.”
“(Beckham) was in a limited role today and we’ll monitor him as the week goes on,” said McAdoo. “Today was really a jog-thru type practice for us.”
ED EAGAN SIGNED TO PRACTICE SQUAD…
The New York Giants have signed wide receiver Ed Eagan to the Practice Squad, filling the vacancy created when the Giants signed linebacker Curtis Grant to the 53-man roster on Monday. The 5’11’, 183-pound Eagan was originally signed by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted rookie free agent after the 2016 NFL Draft. He has spent time with the Cowboys, Cleveland Browns, and Buffalo Bills. The Giants signed Eagan in August 2017 and cut him in early September.
DENNY MARCIN PASSES AWAY…
Denny Marcin, the Giants defensive line coach from 1997-2003 under Jim Fassel, passed away today at his home in Southport, North Carolina following a long illness.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- The Giants paid for leaving LT Ereck Flowers on an island vs. Lions | Film review by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- A deeper look at the Giants’ loss to the Lions: 10 observations by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- How did Giants GM ignore the most obvious problem there is? by Mike Vaccaro of The New York Post
- What may be some of the ‘drastic’ changes coming for the Giants? by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Ereck Flowers dilemma, Eli’s age: Five big Giants problems by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Giants fans must be asking these questions: Here are the answers by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Eli Manning: I ‘deserve some criticism’ after Giants’ rough start by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- McAdoo’s shots at Manning hit harder than sacks, may hurt more by Tara Sullivan of The Bergen Record
- HOF lineman Jackie Slater says Giants OT Chad Wheeler ‘has an unbelievable amount of potential’ by Pay Leonard of The Daily News
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants practice on Thursday at 11:20AM. The team’s coordinators and select players will also address the media after practice.