NEW YORK GIANTS REDUCE ROSTER TO 53…
On Saturday, in order to meet the NFL’s 53-man roster limit, the New York Giants made 36 roster moves.
Placed on the Reserve/Suspended List:
- DE Josh Mauro (violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drugs policy)
Placed on the Reserve/Non-Football Illness List:
- DE R.J. McIntosh (unknown medical issue)
Placed on Injured Reserve:
- OT Nick Becton (ankle and wrist)
- OG Nick Gates (foot)
Waived or contracts terminated:
- RB Jalen Simmons
- RB Jhurell Pressley
- WR Kalif Raymond
- WR Alonzo Russell
- WR Roger Lewis, Jr.
- WR Travis Rudolph
- WR Amba Etta-Tawo
- WR Jawill Davis
- WR Marquis Bundy
- TE Garrett Dickerson
- TE Ryan O’Malley
- OG Chris Scott (contract terminated)
- OG Zac Kerin
- OT Malcom Bunche
- OT Victor Salako
- NT Robert Thomas
- NT Tyrell Chavis
- NT Izaah Lunsford
- DE A.J. Francis
- LB Mark Herzlich (contract terminated)
- LB Calvin Munson
- LB Avery Moss
- LB Jordan Williams (waived/injured – hip and shoulder)
- LB Warren Long
- CB Leonard Johnson (contract terminated)
- CB Chris Lewis-Harris (contract terminated)
- CB Grant Haley
- CB Mike Jones
- S Darian Thompson (waived/injured – hamstring)
- S Andrew Adams
- S Orion Stewart
- PK Marshall Koehn
“As I’ve said, I feel like we’re on the right track,” said Head Coach Pat Shurmur. “We had a competitive training camp that forced us to make some tough decisions. We will continue to look to improve the roster in any way we can. This day is never easy because you are dealing with people who have made a commitment to your program, and while we all understand the reality of the business we’re in, it doesn’t make it any easier.
“When we started camp, I told the players that my hope for all of them is that if they don’t make our roster, I want them to make somebody else’s. So that’s my desire for the men we parted ways with today.”
The Giants can begin signing players to their 10-man practice squad on Sunday.
For an overview of the existing team, see the Depth Chart section of the website.
- Evan Engram working on limiting drops after second most among TEs in 2017 by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The players are off on Sunday and return to practice on Monday.