The New York Giants completed the first-round of interviews for their general manager vacancy on Monday. And they began holding second-round of interviews on Tuesday.
The Giants originally interviewed nine candidates from January 12-17. This first round of interviews was conducted by team ownership virtually via Zoom. Those involved in the interview process included team President/CEO John Mara, team Chairman/Executive Vice President Steve Tisch, and Senior Vice President of Player Personnel Chris Mara.
The nine original candidates were:
- Joe Schoen, Assistant General Manager, Buffalo Bills
- Adrian Wilson, Vice President of Pro Personnel, Arizona Cardinals
- Quentin Harris, Vice President of Player Personnel, Arizona Cardinals
- Ryan Poles, Executive Director of Player Personnel, Kansas City Chiefs
- Ryan Cowden, Vice President of Player Personnel, Tennessee Titans
- Monti Ossenfort, Director of Player Personnel, Tennessee Titans
- Joe Hortiz, Director of Player Personnel, Baltimore Ravens
- Adam Peters, Assistant General Manager, San Francisco 49ers
- Ran Carthon, Director of Player Personnel, San Fransisco 49ers
On Tuesday, the Giants announced that they held a second interview with Schoen, this one in person at the team’s facility. Poles is also scheduled to interview with the team again, this time in person, on Wednesday.