NEW YORK GIANTS OTAs BEGIN…
The New York Giants began the third and final phase of their offseason program on Monday, with veterans and rookie participating together for the first time. The Giants held their first two of 10 Organized Team Activity (OTA) practices on Monday and Tuesday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center. While these two practices were not open to the media, the Giants did provide the following practice reports:
- Practice Report: Giants kick off OTA season by Matt Citak of Giants.com
- Top plays & takeaways from OTA No. 1 by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
- OTA Report (5/17): Rookies flash their skills by Matt Citak of Giants.com
- Xavier McKinney, Kayvon Thibodeaux team up for takeaway at OTAs by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
The Giants will hold their third OTA on Thursday, with media access.
The Giants’ 9-week offseason program began on April 4th. The three phases of the program break down as follows:
- Phase One: Activities during this 2-week period are limited to to meetings, strength and conditioning, and physical rehabilitation only.
- Phase Two: On-field workouts during this 3-week period may include may include individual or group instruction and drills, as well as “perfect-play drills,” and drills and plays with offensive players lining up across from offensive players and defensive players lining up across from defensive players, conducted at a walk-through pace. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.
- Phase Three: Activities during this 4-week period include 10 days of organized team practice activity (OTAs) and a mandatory veteran mini-camp. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
Remaining offseason program schedule:
- May 19: New York Giants OTA #3 (media access).
- May 23-24: New York Giants OTA #4 and #5.
- May 26: New York Giants OTA #6 (media access).
- May 31-June 1: New York Giants OTA #7 and #8.
- June 2: New York Giants OTA #9 (media access).
- June 3: New York Giants OTA #10.
- June 7-9: New York Giants mandatory mini-camp.