[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
QUINCY MONK PASSES AWAY…
Former New York Giants linebacker Quincy Monk (2002-03), who was drafted by the team in the 7th round of the 2002 NFL Draft, has passed away at the age of 36 due to cancer (adenocarcinoma). He leaves behind a wife and two children.
NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
TE Larry Donnell (neck), LG Justin Pugh (concussion), and LB Mark Herzlich (quad) did not practice on Wednesday.
Pugh is still experiencing concussion-like symptoms 17 days after he was injured against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on November 8th. Head Coach Tom Coughlin said that Pugh has improved “very little.”
The situation with Donnell is also sounding more serious. Donnell said on Monday that he was cleared to return to practice. “(Donnell) continues to have the issues,” said Coughlin.
“It’s not looking good,” said Donnell. “Monday, I was fine. I was out there running, jumping around. I felt good, but I had more tests to get cleared yesterday and they found something else. So I’ve got to go talk to them about it and see what’s going on…I feel fine now, but I mean obviously something is wrong, so we’ve just got to figure it out and see what the process is…We’ve got to make sure everything’s OK in there. That’s more than football you’re talking about, when it’s your neck.”
OC Weston Richburg (ankle) and LB J.T. Thomas (ankle) practiced on a limited basis.
“(Richburg) going to be limited and we’ll see,” said Coughlin before practice. “We expect to hope to have him take a limited number of snaps but take some snaps, and we’ll see.”
OG Geoff Schwartz (ankle), DE Damontre Moore (hamstring), LB Uani ‘Unga (neck), CB Prince Amukamara (pectoral), and CB Leon McFadden (groin) fully practiced.
WATCH: Coach Coughlin previews the big NFC East matchup with Washington https://t.co/dmlJQLNa3D
— New York Giants (@Giants) November 25, 2015
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
The following transcripts and video of player media sessions on Wednesday are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- QB Eli Manning (Video)
- WR Hakeem Nicks (Video)
- TE Larry Donnell (Video)
- OC Weston Richburg (Video)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Video)
- LB Devon Kennard (Video)
- S Landon Collins (Video)
- New York Giants’ mindset: ‘We’re right where we need to be’ by Kimberly Jones of NFL.com
- Time has come for ‘relevant’ Giants to become finishers, pull away in NFC East by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Tom Coughlin revives ‘finish’ campaign by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Giants must stay ahead of the pack in playoff push by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Why Sunday’s game vs. Washington Redskins is ‘worth 2 points’ for Giants by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giants’ last puzzle piece will reveal defense’s true identity by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Giants sticking with rotating running backs Rashad Jennings, Andre Williams, Orleans Darkwa and Shane Vereen by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Giants, Rashad Jennings excited to play meaningful late-season games by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Undrafted, unwanted ‘Unga makes NFL dreams come true by Jeremiah Jensen of KSL.com
- Chase Blackburn’s advice for a successful Hakeem Nicks return: Know your role by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Ex-Giant Frank Gifford had CTE in his brain, family reveals by Charles Curtis for NJ.com
- Great players like Frank Gifford never want to take themselves out of the game, even with a concussion by Mike Lupica of The New York Daily News
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants practice on Thursday and hold physical recovery cycles on Friday in advance of Sunday’s away game against the Washington Redskins.