[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
MAY 28, 2015 NEW YORK GIANTS OTA PRACTICE REPORT…
The New York Giants completed their second of ten Organized Team Activity (OTA) practices at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center on Thursday. The Thursday session was not open to the media, but Giants.com did report some of the following tidbits:
- The starting offensive line was LT Ereck Flowers, LG Justin Pugh, OC Weston Richburg, RG Geoff Schwartz, and RT Marshall Newhouse.
- QB Ryan Nassib apparently had a very sharp practice and completed two nice sideline throws to WR Marcus Harris (video) and another pass to TE Adrien Robinson (video). “The Syracuse product showed great touch on a handful of perfect passes throughout practice,” reported Dan Salomone of Giants.com.
- QB Eli Manning continued to connect with WR Corey Washington. He also hit WR Preston Parker for a touchdown.
- The tight ends apparently had an active day, including Adrien Robinson, Daniel Fells, and Matt LaCosse.
- While there were no interceptions in practice on Thursday, CB Prince Amukamara broke up a pass and DE Keryy Wynn batted down a pass at the line of scrimmage.
Phase Three (Weeks 6-9) of the New York Giants voluntary nine-week offseason program started this week. During Phase Three of offseason programs, NFL teams may conduct a total of 10 days of OTAs. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
The OTA practices will be held May 27-29, June 1-2, June 4, June 8-9, and June 11-12. The Giants will hold a mandatory, full-team mini-camp on June 16-18.
Articles on the New York Giants OTAs:
- Giants OTA observations: Odell Beckham Jr. stands out, Cullen Jenkins as an end and more by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Four defensive players with the most to gain during Giants’ OTAs by Dan Schneier of FOXSports
Article on QB Eli Manning: Eli surprises with bold proclamation by Steve Serby of The New York Post
Articles on LG Justin Pugh:
- What the Giants’ Justin Pugh did this offseason that should help him thrive as a guard by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Why Giants’ Justin Pugh is now embracing the switch to guard by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Article on DE Damontre Moore: Damontre Moore gets new opportunity with Giants by Tom Rock of Newsday
Article on DE Jason Pierre-Paul: Giants expect Jason Pierre-Paul to be at team’s minicamp in June by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
Article on Former Giants OT Kareem McKenzie: From OT Kareem McKenzie to Dr. Kareem McKenzie by NFLPlayerEngagement.com