Barden Celebrates His TD – Photo by US Presswire
BBI Contribution Campaign Continues – Your Support is Needed!: The annual BBI Contribution Campaign continues. Please help to keep BBI up and running for our 18th year. Any amount will help. For details, please see the BBI Contribution section of the website.
BBI Giants-Bears Game Review: Our review of the Giants-Bears preseason game is now available in the Game Previews and Reviews section of the website.
Injury Update – Negative News on Amukamara and Austin: Head Coach Tom Coughlin addressed a number of injury issues during his conference call with the media yesterday:
- CB Prince Amukamara (ankle): Immediately after the game, Coughlin said Amukamara’s high ankle sprain was “mild.” Now Coughlin is saying it is “moderate.” “Unfortunately (high ankle sprains are) longer than you would like them to be,” said Coughlin. “Depending on how much damage there is, and how much he can tolerate. There are always some lingering effects there. We’ll see, I really don’t know (how much time he will miss), I don’t have the answer to that…You see some (high ankle sprains) go on a long time. You see some come relatively quickly. It’s pain tolerance, it’s the position circumstances, and there are a lot of things that go along with it. This position (cornerback) needs to be able to open up quickly and run very, very fast, be able to start and stop quickly, be able to change directions on a dime. These young men playing this spot really need to have their legs under them. I don’t know, I’m not even going to throw one (a date) out there, because it isn’t documented by any medical people. If I were to say two weeks or three weeks, I would just be guessing.”
- DT Marvin Austin (back): “He was doing well, and then he had a little setback,” said Coughlin. “It’s an issue again.”
- CB Terrell Thomas (knee): “No. No (timetable for his return),” said Coughlin. “No (he won’t be ready for the opener)…He’s been working hard with the trainers in the training room. He feels confident that his knee has improved. I can’t tell you. No one has come to me and said he’ll be ready to go by this time, no medical people. We can continue to encourage and be optimistic, but other than that, there’s not much we can do.”
- CB Jayron Hosley (toe): “(No update),” said Coughlin. “Hopefully they’re going to get him out of the boot, and maybe see what he can do in terms of light running. Hopefully shortly, in a day or two he’ll be doing that. I don’t have anything else to report.”
- LB Mathias Kiwanuka (groin): “He’s sore; he’s had a similar injury to this in the past,” said Coughlin. “Hopefully it’s not going to be too long, I don’t know what his status is going to be for this game that’s coming so quickly. We would project for the opener and get this under control.”
- OT Will Beatty (back): “He’s had four good days in a row,” said Coughlin. “They feel pretty good about his strength, the direction he’s headed in. He’ll probably get some individual time early in this week to see where he is, and hopefully he can tolerate that, and we can increase the workload.”
- HB Ahmad Bradshaw (hand): “We’ll see (if Bradshaw is ready next week),” said Coughlin “His hand is definitely improving, not as fast as he would like, but what it is. We’ll have to see where he’s at as we get started this week.”
Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Saturday Media Conference Call: The transcript yesterday’s media conference call with Head Coach Tom Coughlin is available at Giants.com.
Article on HB David Wilson: Wilson Gives Giants Reason to Smile by Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPNNewYork.com
Did You Know That Shopping at Amazon.com Through BBI Helps Support This Website?: BBI is a member of the Amazon.com Associates Program. By purchasing Amazon.com products through BBI’s Amazon.com link (also listed in the right-side menu bar), a small percentage of the sale will be paid to BBI. This in no way influences the price you would normally pay Amazon.com.
Watch the Giants Defend Their Super Bowl Title in Person: Visit GoTickets.com.