BBI Contribution Campaign – Win a Chance for a VIP Ticket at the “Tuna Roast”: We need your support! The annual BBI contribution campaign has begun. Please help to keep this website in business. We will randomly select two contributors to each receive one VIP ticket to the “Tuna Roast” honoring Bill Parcells on September 15 in Secaucus, NJ. (Prize does not include lodging or transportation to and from the event). For details on the contribution campaign and how to enter the contest, click here.
Tuesday’s Training Camp Practice: The Giants held their fourth training camp practice on Tuesday afternoon at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. The next practice is on Thursday from 1:30-3:45PM. For a complete training camp schedule and Giants.com Q&A guide, see the Training Camp section of the website.
- InsideFootball.com Camp Report
- Newsday Camp Report
- The Star-Ledger Camp Report
- ESPN New York Camp Report
- Giants.com Top Five Plays from Practice (Video)
Injury Update: Not practicing on Tuesday were FB Henry Hynoski (PUP – knee), OG Chris Snee (PUP – hip), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (PUP – back), DT Markus Kuhn (PUP – knee), and CB Terrell Thomas (PUP – knee).
“I’m going to do everything in my power to get back for the first game,” said Hynoski. “That’s my goal, that’s my intention, but ultimately that decision isn’t up to me. I want to just get back to playing football at the earliest possible date. Everything is going really well in rehab, making advances and strides every day. I’m just excited with my progress and I know that the trainers are happy with where I’m at too.”
WR Hakeem Nicks (groin) and OC David Baas (still recovering from various and undisclosed offseason surgeries) were limited in practice.
WR Jeremy Horne was carted off the field during practice. “I’m not sure (how he is),” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “They told me that he had some kind of a foot injury but I don’t know what to expect.”
Giants Worked Out FB Lawrence Vickers: According to press reports, the Giants recently worked out FB Lawerence Vickers, who has played for the Browns (2006-2010), Texans (2011), and Cowboys (2012). The Cowboys released him last month.
Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Tuesday Press Conference: The transcript and video of Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s press conference on Tuesday are available at BigBlueInteractive.com and Giants.com, respectively.
Player Media Q&As: Transcripts and video of Tuesday’s media Q&As with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- FB Henry Hynoski (Video)
- LB Mark Herzlich (Video) (Giants Insider Video)
- LB Jacquian Williams (Video)
- CB Corey Webster (Video)
- CB Aaron Ross (Video)
Article on Giants President/CEO John Mara: No Ultimatums, Just Expectations, from Giants’ Co-Owner by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Article on Head Coach Tom Coughlin: Despite Age and Accomplishments, Coughlin Has No Plans to Leave Giants Anytime Soon by Steve Serby of The New York Post
Articles on the Quarterbacks:
- Eli Manning Optimistic About Giants, Hopeful of Playing a Long Time by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- QB’s Painter and Carr Vie for Backup Role by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
Articles on the Offensive Line:
- Giants Plan to Stay Patient with First-Round Pick Justin Pugh by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
- What’s the Diehl with Right Tackle? by Fred Kerber of The New York Post
Article on LB Jacquian Williams: LB Williams Wants to Be the Go-To Guy on Giants Defense by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Articles on the Defensive Backs:
- Webster Still Full of Swagger Despite Awful ’12 Season by Ralph Vacchiano of The Daily News
- Aaron Ross Happy to Be Back with Giants by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Stevie Works to Be Wonder for Giants by Ebenezer Samuel of The Daily News
Phil Simms on Bill Parcells: Parcells Was Demanding, But It Made Giants Champs by Phil Simms for The New York Post