SEPTEMBER 29, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT – NOW NAT BERHE IS HURT…
Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (groin), cornerback Eli Apple (hamstring), safety Darian Thompson (foot), safety Nat Berhe (concussion), offensive tackle Marshall Newhouse (calf), and defensive tackle Robert Thomas (illness) did not practice on Thursday.
The Giants are now down to two healthy safeties on the roster: Landon Collins and Andrew Adams. “We have a bunch of guys who stepped in today, and some guys on offense, who contributed as well,” said Head Coach Ben McAdoo.
When asked about the two injured corners, McAdoo replied, “We’ll know when we wake up tomorrow. They got some work with the trainers today, we’ll see how they respond.”
Although, running back Rashad Jennings (thumb) was limited in practice, ESPN is reporting that Jennings is unlikely to play Monday night against the Minnesota Vikings.
“I think (Jennings is) going to give himself a shot on Monday night,” said McAdoo. “He makes progress every day. He looked good today, he looked better than he did last week already… At that position, you need to be able to protect yourself, protect the ball, and protect the quarterback.”
Defensive end Olivier Vernon (wrist) fully practiced.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- WR Odell Beckham, Jr. (Video)
- OC Weston Richburg (Video)
- CB Leon Hall (Video)
- S Landon Collins (Video)
- Is Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. a distraction? by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Giants star Odell Beckham Jr.: Will continue to be ‘who I am’ by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Odell Beckham’s frustration: Giants can’t blow anyone out by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- From undrafted ‘butt of jokes’ to Giants’ prime-time answer by Zach Braziller of The New York Post
- Undrafted rookies look to make impact in defensive backfield by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Landon Collins to get another new sidekick at safety by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Short-handed Giants use offensive players on scout-team defense by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- Giants set to deal with crowd noise in Minnesota by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants practice on Friday at 11:10AM.