NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP BEGINS…
New York Giants players reported to training camp on Thursday. The first training camp practice will occur on Friday. (A complete schedule is available at Giants.com; please keep in mind that in the event of inclement weather, the practice will be held inside and NOT open to the public).
HARRISON, THOMAS, AND BROMLEY PLACED ON PUP…
New York Giants defensive tackle Damon Harrison (knee swelling), defensive tackle Jay Bromley (ankle), and linebacker J.T. Thomas (hamstring) have been placed on the Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) List at the start of training camp. These players can come off the PUP at any time.
“We don’t think any of them are extremely serious at this point,” Head Coach Ben McAdoo said.
According to ESPN, Bromley had surgery to remove a bone spur earlier this summer, but he is expected to be able to practice soon. ESPN also reports that the swelling in Harrison’s knee is not uncommon due to fluid in his knee.
Defensive tackle Melvin Lewis was placed on the Non-Football Illness (NFI) List. No details were provided on Lewis.
Meanwhile, wide receiver Victor Cruz (calf, knee) has been cleared to practice on Friday. He passed his medical and conditioning tests.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- RB Rashad Jennings (Video)
- LG Justin Pugh (Video)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Video)
- S Landon Collins (Video)
- Ben McAdoo eager to make his mark in first camp as head coach by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Ben McAdoo sets Giants’ bar Super Bowl-high by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants should be the NFC East favorite by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Giants training camp: 5 keys to the summer by James Kratch for NJ.com