[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
AUGUST 20, 2020 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP MEDIA PRACTICE NOTES…
Some snippets from various media and team sources:
- Right guard Kevin Zeitler, offensive guard Shane Lemieux, and linebacker Tae Crowder had to run penalty laps.
- Giants ran the physical 1-on-1 full-contact drills again. In these drills, linebacker David Mayo, linebacker Ryan Connelly, and safety Jaquarius Landrews had some good pops.
- Linebacker Blake Martinez beat running back Saquon Barkley in a pass blocking drill; Barkley handled Martinez on the next attempt.
- Wide receiver Golden Tate was tough to cover in 1-on-1 drills.
- Also in 1-on-1 drills, wide receiver C.J. Board beat cornerback James Bradberry deep.
- A lot of touches in both the running and passing game for running back Saquon Barkley.
- Running back Dion Lewis impressed with his speed, quickness, and burst on a few runs. Lewis also looked good picking up a blitz from linebacker David Mayo.
- On one of Lewis’ big runs, tight end Evan Engram and left tackle Andrew Thomas made good blocks.
- Linebacker Cam Brown showed good hustle on an outside run.
- Place kicker Graham Gano was 6-of-6 on field goal attempts.
- Wide receivers Sterling Shepard, Golden Tate, and Darius Slayton returned punts.
- In 1-on-1 coverage drills, safety Xavier McKinney broke up a couple of passes. He also later had a good hit on wide receiver Darius Slayton.
- In 11-on-11 drills, quarterback Daniel Jones threw a perfect pass over the middle through a tight window to running back Saquon Barkley with safety Jabrill Peppers in coverage.
- Cornerback James Bradberry blanketed wide receiver Darius Slayton on a deep sideline pass.
- Tight end Rysen John made a spinning, 1-handed catch of a pass from quarterback Colt McCoy.
- Safety Julian Love intercepted a pass from quarterback Daniel Jones over the middle that bounced off of the intended receiver’s hands.
- Wide receiver Binjimen Victor had a potential touchdown pass from quarterback Daniel Jones sail through his hands, but Victor caught a touchdown pass from Jones on the very next snap.
- Quarterback Colt McCoy threw a touchdown pass to wide receiver David Sills over cornerback Grant Haley. McCoy also had a nice connection with wide receiver Austin Mack.
- Defensive linemen Dexter Lawrence and Leonard Williams clogged the line of scrimmage on a couple of running back Saquon Barkley carries.
- Linebacker Carter Coughlin filled the hole nicely to tackle running back Saquon Barkley. Coughlin and linebacker Tae Crowder got into the backfield on a couple of blitzes.
- Running back Wayne Gallman made a nice cut in the hole on a running play.
- Wide receiver Alex Bachman made a nice move against cornerback Dravon Askew-Henry. Askew-Henry also tipped a pass that was caught by wide receiver Austin Mack.
- Running back Saquon Barkley juked out linebacker Ryan Connelly in coverage.
- Cornerback Jarren Williams saw his reps increased.
- Cornerback Darnay Holmes broke up a pass.
- A 24-minute video peek at today’s action is available on YouTube.
Everyone not on the various reserve lists practiced.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at YouTube:
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The New York Giants hold an intra-squad scrimmage on Friday (10:45AM-12:45PM), with Head Coach Joe Judge and select players also addressing the media after the scrimmage. The players are off on Saturday.