AUGUST 22, 2018 NEW YORK GIANTS PRACTICE REPORT…
There are no more New York Giants training camp practices open to the public this summer. However, the team will continue to practice at Quest Diagnostics Training Center each week, including Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week.
“We’re 48 hours out (from the preseason game against the Jets), I tried to mock up within reason what a typical Friday would look like,” said Head Coach Pat Shurmur after practice. “You go fast, blink fast, we have very little tolerance for mistakes, we exaggerate communication getting in and out of the huddle. We hit as many situations as possible, You kind of cap off the preparation before you have the day before a walk through, that’s what you saw today.”
Not practicing on Wednesday due to injury were wide running back Saquon Barkley (hamstring), running back Jalen Simmons (concussion), defensive end R.J. McIntosh (unknown – Active/Non-Football Illness list), linebacker Connor Barwin (knee), linebacker Calvin Munson (concussion), and safety Darian Thompson (hamstring).
Barkley performed in individual drills. “Well, he practiced today, so he’s getting back out there,” said Head Coach Pat Shurmur. “He’s coming back from his tweak.”
Some snippets from various media sources:
- After two days of practice in full pads, the Giants were in shells with no pads today.
- In goal-line drills, tackle Chad Wheeler was the sixth offensive lineman.
- Quarterback Eli Manning found wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. for a touchdown on a crossing pattern.
- Quarterback Kyle Lauletta hit wide receiver Alonzo Russell for a touchdown.
- Safety Andrew Adams picked off quarterback Kyle Lauletta.
- Cornerback Chris Lewis-Harris intercepted a pass from quarterback Davis Webb.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Veteran Long Snapper Zak DeOssie stresses value of preseason by Michael Eisen of Giants.com