[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
DARIAN THOMPSON “WEEK TO WEEK” WITH SHOULDER INJURY…
The New York Giants announced on Monday that rookie safety Darian Thompson, who was the clear-cut favorite to win the starting free safety job, injured his shoulder during the 21-0 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Saturday. Thompson will be evaluated on a “week to week” basis according to the team.
In addition, tight end Matt LaCosse also injured his knee and will be evaluated on a “day to day” basis.
GIANTS SIGN PLACE KICKER RANDY BULLOCK…
The New York Giants have signed free agent place kicker Randy Bullock. To make room for Bulluck, the team waived place kicker Tom Obarski.
Bullock was originally drafted in the 5th round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans. He played in 35 consecutive regular-season games for the Texans until he was released in late September 2015. Bulluck then served as the New York Jets place kicker for eight games in 2015. Overall, Bullock is an 80.6 percent field goal kicker with 47.4 percent of his kickoffs resulting in touchbacks. In 2015, Bullock made 19-of-23 field goal attempts (82.6 percent).
The Giants signed Obarski to a reserve/future contract in January 2016. Obarski was originally signed by the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted rookie free agent after the 2015 NFL Draft, but he did not make the team. Obarski missed a 27-yard field goal on Saturday against the Buffalo Bills.
Josh Brown has been suspended for one regular-season game without pay for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy (domestic violence incident in 2015). Brown will miss the opener against the Dallas Cowboys.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- OC Weston Richburg (Video)
- LG Justin Pugh (Video)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Video)
- LB Jonathan Casillas (Video)
- Time for Giants to panic? No, but here are legitimate concerns after 2 preseason games by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Assessing Giants’ offensive line, backup QBs and middle linebacker by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Giants’ massive question mark showing signs of progress by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Victor Cruz faces one of the biggest weeks of his Giants career by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Safety Nat Berhe steps up with Darian Thompson week-to-week by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Giants’ Josh Brown has support of teammates by Tom Rock of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The team will hold practice on Tuesday at 11:45AM.