Hakeem Nicks Injures Knee: Giants’ wide receiver Hakeem Nicks injured his right knee near the end of yesterday’s afternoon practice. The preliminary diagnosis is a hyperextension but more will not be known until an MRI is taken. The MRI was scheduled for last night and an exam today. Nicks does not believe the injury is serious, but that remains to be determined when the MRI results are examined today, according to The Star-Ledger.
August 3, 2010 New York Giants Training Camp Reports: To see the latest BBI training camp reports, please visit the Training Camp section of the website.
Additional Training Camp Reports: The following media sources have also provided training camp reports:
- Star-Ledger (Morning Practice)
- Star-Ledger (Afternoon Practice)
- Daily News (Morning Practice)
- Daily News (Afternoon Practice)
Injury Report: Not practicing yesterday in either practice were WR Mario Manningham (groin), H-Back Travis Beckum (hamstring), OC Shaun O’Hara (ankle), S Kenny Phillips (PUP – knee), and OG Kevin Boothe (PUP – chest).
O’Hara was sent to New York for an MRI and exam on his ankle. Asked if the injury to O’Hara was a concern, Head Coach Tom Coughlin responded, “Well, I think they’re going to look at it, do all the tests, and find out what it is. It’s always a concern.” The good news is that the tests revealed no serious damage. The Giants said in a press release that “the swelling is the result of a chronic condition in the joint, which is being treated to reduce the swelling and regain the mobility.”
Regarding Beckum, Coughlin said, “Beckum started to feel a hamstring, so we backed him off. Don’t think he pulled it, but it’s still sore.”
Not practicing in the morning were DE Osi Umenyiora (hip), WR Hakeem Nicks (toe), LB Keith Bulluck (knee), and TE Kevin Boss (ankle). All four practiced in the afternoon.
Articles on the 2010 New York Giants:
- Camp Confidential: New York Giants by Matt Mosley of ESPN.com
- Giants Ready to Rebound From Collapse of 2009 by Pat Kiwan of NFL.com
Article on LB Michael Boley: Giants’ Boley: Defense Can Be ‘Best in the League’ by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Articles on the Defensive Backs:
- New York Giants Cornerback Aaron Ross Feels Rejuvenated, Says Offseason Approach Helped Hamstring by Ralph Vacchiano of The Daily News
- Healthy Giants Cornerback Aaron Ross Putting Skills, Bravado On Display by Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger
- Second-Year Cornerback Bruce Johnson Off to a Fast Start at Giants Camp by Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger
Notes: There are no practices today. For details on upcoming practices, check out the camp schedule in the Training Camp section of the website.
Former Giant P Jeff Feagles was in camp yesterday working with rookie P Matt Dodge.