Rich Seubert Wins BBI Giant of the Year Award: Guard/center Rich Seubert has won the BigBlueInteractive “Giant of the Year” award for his performance during the 2010 season. Seubert started all 16 games, splitting time at left guard and center when regular center Shaun O’Hara could not play due to injury.
With almost 600 fans voting between 12 candidates, those finishing in the top five were:
- Guard/center Rich Seubert – 36% of the vote
- Offensive Line Coach Pat Flaherty – 20% of the vote
- Wide receiver Hakeem Nicks – 11% of the vote
- Defensive end Osi Umenyiora – 8% of the vote
- Defensive end Justin Tuck – 7% of the vote
The BBI award is given to the Giants’ player, coach, or member of the front office who most contributed to the team’s success on the field in a given year.
The award is presented at a ceremony on the practice fields during training camp. To see past winners, see the Giant of the Year Award section of the website.
The award carries a special significance as the trophy has been renamed to honor Hope Johnson, a beloved member of the BBI community and organizer of the “Giant of the Year” presentation, who died in 2009.