RB Ahmad Bradshaw Voted BBI Giant of the Year: RB Ahmad Bradshaw has been voted “BBI Giant of the Year” by registered members of The Corner Forum for his performance during the 2012 NFL season.
In 14 games, Bradshaw rushed for 1,015 yards and six touchdowns on 221 carries (4.6 yards per carry). He also caught 23 passes for 245 yards. All of this despite chronic foot issues that caused him once again miss most regular-season practices. Because of the foot problems, Bradshaw was released by the Giants in February.
801 registered BBI members voted. The results of the voting were as follows:
- 265 – RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- 170 – S Stevie Brown
- 100 – Head Coach Tom Coughlin
- 57 – TE Coach Mike Pope
- 56 – QB Eli Manning
- 51 – S Antrel Rolle
- 40 – WR Victor Cruz
- 29 – PK Lawrence Tynes
- 17 – LT Will Beatty
- 8 – LG Kevin Boothe
- 8 – TE Martellus Bennett
For a listing of past winners, see the BBI Giant of the Year section of the website.
New Additions to BBI: BBI will be undergoing some new exciting changes over the course of the next few months, including a new look for the front page in the near future. But we would like to announce some changes that have already gone into effect:
- For the last few weeks, we have dramatically increased our use of social media (Twitter and Facebook) to disseminate breaking news and interact with fans. We recommend that you follow BBI on both or either of these social media sites.
- Because we are using social media sites more actively, we will start publishing and pushing out new content on BBI throughout the day, not just in our regular early morning front page updates. As new content is created, it will be announced on the BBI Twitter and Facebook pages. (This is another good reason to follow BBI on Twitter and/or Facebook). When the new BBI front page is available, the new content will also appear there immediately throughout the day as well.
- We are pleased to announce that BBI member Optimus-NY has joined the BBI team as our salary cap expert. Optimus-NY will be in charge of developing a new salary cap section on the site with a wealth of information on that important aspect of the NFL game.
BBI Article on Giants’ Defensive Concerns: Defensive Concerns: The Short-Term and Medium-Term State of the Giants’ Defense by Eric from BBI of BigBlueInteractive.com located in the Articles section of the website.
Giants.com Q&A With DT Johnathan Hankins: The video of a recent Giants.com interview with DT Johnathan Hankins is available at Giants.com.
Articles on S Cooper Taylor:
- Rookie Safety Models Himself After Former Giant Sehorn by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Heart of a Giant: Rare Illness Doesn’t Stop 5th-Round Pick Taylor by Ralph Vacchiano of The Daily News
DE Dwight Freeney Signs With the Chargers: Unrestricted free agent DE Dwight Freeney, who had expressed interest in playing for the Giants, has signed a 2-year contract with the San Diego Chargers. It was never reported that the Giants had mutual interest in Freeney.