December 5, 2013 New York Giants Injury Report: Not practicing on Thursday were TE Brandon Myers (groin), RB Brandon Jacobs (knee), and DE Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder).
Myers was new addition to the injury report, but Head Coach Tom Coughlin and Myers both said they expect Myers to practice on Friday.
“Yeah, I came back yesterday and I was just a little sore,” said Myers. “Just giving it a little bit of rest and I’ll be back at practice tomorrow.”
On the other hand, it sounds like Pierre-Paul will miss his second game in a row. “I think Brandon Jacobs hopefully can do some things tomorrow,” said Coughlin. “Don’t expect JPP to do anything tomorrow.”
CB Terrell Thomas (knee), CB Trumaine McBride (groin), and CB Corey Webster (ankle) practiced on a limited basis.
“(McBride) worked a little bit today,” said Coughlin. “He worked 50 percent today.”
“I need (to see Webster) to be healthy and can consistently run full speed,” said Coughlin.
December 5, 2013 New York Giants Coach Media Sessions: Transcripts and video clips of Thursday’s media sessions with the following coaches are available at Giants.com:
- Head Coach Tom Coughlin (Video)
- Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell (Video)
- Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn (Video)
December 5, 2013 New York Giants Player Media Sessions: Transcripts and video of Thursday’s media sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
Article on Head Coach Tom Coughlin: Parcells believes Coughlin will return to sidelines in 2014 by Bob Glauber of Newsday
Article on the New York Giants Passing Game: Not a lot the Giants’ passing game can do by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
Articles on QB Eli Manning:
- Ernie Accorsi’s Scouting Report: Eli Manning by Giants.com
- Giants QB Eli Manning avoids any Tom Brady-like outbursts even in frustrating season by Jordan Raanan of The Star-Ledger
- Two Super reasons there’s no debating Eli over Rivers by Mark Cannizzaro of The New York Post
- Phillips Rivers for Eli Manning, the deal that forged two Giant Super Bowl rings by Tara Sullivan of The Bergen Record
Article on TE Brandon Myers: TE Brandon Myers showing signs of life by Matt Ehalt of ESPNNewYork.com
Article on OT Justin Pugh: Justin Pugh impressing on O-line by Matt Ehalt of ESPNNewYork.com
Article on LB Jon Beason: Beason could answer long-term LB questions for Giants by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Article on CB Jayron Hosley: Jayron Hosley gets chance to make impact by Dan Salomone of Giants.com