New York Giants Complete Third OTA Practice: The New York Giants held their third of 10 Organized Team Activity (OTA) practices on Friday. No live contact is allowed in OTA practices, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
The media was not allowed to view Friday’s practice, but the Giants released the following details through their website, Giants.com:
- The tight ends were noticeably active at today’s OTA. Kellen Davis and Daniel Fells caught QB Eli Manning’s first two passes in the opening team period. Adrien Robinson, Larry Donnell, and Daniel Fells all made nice grabs.
- QB Eli Manning provided further proof that his left ankle is not hindering him. On one play he evaded a rush by easily rolling to his left before stopping and throwing.
- RB Rashad Jennings demonstrated quickness and speed when he ran the ball to the outside. Jennings was also effective in the screen game by getting upfield behind his blockers.
- WR Rueben Randle was active all day on short and intermediate routes and caught a long Manning pass down the left sideline.
- CB Ross Weaver had the lone interception, picking off a Curtis Painter pass intended for WR Marcus Harris late in the workout.
Giants.com also singled out the following players:
- CB Ross Weaver: The first-year cornerback out of Michigan State showed great instincts early in practice, stepping in front of a receiver and knocking down a pass near the sideline. At the end of practice, he sat patiently in his zone and intercepted a pass on a roll out.
- TE Adrien Robinson: Robinson made a nice catch over the middle as he ran down the seam. He extended his arms and used his long frame to pluck the ball out of the air. It was a brief display of what his size and straight-ahead speed can mean from the tight end spot.
- TE Daniel Fells: The vet tight end showed his skills off during seven on seven drills, catching a high pass over his shoulder as he moved toward the sideline. He stayed with the play and ran a good route, resulting in a 20-yard catch.
Remaining New York Giants OTA practices:
- June 2-3
- June 5
- June 9-10
- June 12-13
The offseason program will culminate on June 17-19 with a mandatory, full-team mini-camp.
Article on the May 29, 2014 New York Giants OTA Practice: Giants OTAs: 5 takeaways include initial impression of the new offense by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Article on QB Eli Manning: Having Eli Manning for OTAs and minicamp is ‘huge’ for Giants by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com