BigBlueInteractive.com (BBI) Updates: In case you missed it, original-content articles from BBI today and yesterday:
- July 31, 2014 New York Giants Training Camp Report
- LIVE UPDATES: July 31, 2014 New York Giants Training Camp
- Devon Kennard: New York’s Everywhere Man
- J.D. Walton Anchoring New York’s Rebuilt O-Line
July 31, 2014 New York Giants Injury Report: On Wednesday, the Giants publicly released an update on RB David Wilson, who suffered a neck burner at practice on Tuesday. Wilson underwent a battery of medical tests Tuesday night at the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS). The Giants say he will not practice the remainder of the week, nor will he play in the Hall of Fame Game on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.
Wilson will be examined and evaluated by Dr. Frank Cammisa at HSS on Monday. Cammisa, chief of spine services at HSS, is the specialist who performed the vertebrae fusion surgery on Wilson on January 16, 2014.
However, while Wilson himself tweeted on Wednesday that “everything is fine,” NJ.com and The Star-Ledger are reporting that sources say Wilson’s football career is likely over. ESPN is reporting the same.
“Until we here what the doctors say, I am just praying that the kid is okay,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin after practice on Thursday. “When he was cleared to play he came out and exhibited no fear, no nothing. I was really excited about that coming out. We are obviously concerned, but we will have to wait and see what the doctors say.”
Wilson originally injured the neck in October 2013 in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles. He was cleared to resume football contact on July 21.
In addition to Wilson, not practicing on Thursday were WR Odell Beckham (hamstring), WR Trindon Holliday (hamstring), TE Xavier Grimble (hamstring), OG John Jerry (knee), DT Mike Patterson (shoulder), LB Jon Beason (PUP – foot), LB Spencer Paysinger (concussion), LB Spencer Adkins (groin), and CB Travis Howard (knee).
LT Will Beatty (illness), DE Robert Ayers (ankle), CB Bennett Jackson (ankle), and WR Corey Washington (heel) all left practice early. Bennett will undergo x-rays on his ankle.
July 31, 2014 New York Giants Player Media Q&As: Transcripts and video of Thursday’s media Q&A sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
New York Giants on ESPN Radio: Audio clips of Tuesday’s ESPN Radio interviews with the following team officials and players are available at ESPN.com:
- President/CEO John Mara (Audio)
- General Manager Jerry Reese (Audio)
- Head Coach Tom Coughlin (Audio)
- QB Eli Manning (Audio)
- WR Victor Cruz (Audio)
- LB Jon Beason (Audio)
- CB Prince Amukamara (Audio)
- S Antrel Rolle (Audio)
NJ.com Q&A with OG/OC Weston Richburg: Weston Richburg rookie check-in: Playing more guard or center for Giants? by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Article on New York Giants Training Camp: Giants training camp Week 2: Stock Up/Stock Down by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Articles on the New York Giants Offensive Talent:
- Players, not scheme, question for Giants by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Eli, Giants need someone to step up after Cruz by Justin Terranova of The New York Post
Article on Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo: 10 observations about Ben McAdoo’s offense by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Article on QB Ryan Nassib: Four practices with Ryan Nassib: A breakdown of the Giants backup by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
Articles on New York Giants Running Backs:
- Giants’ Tom Coughlin to employ running back-by-committee approach by Dave Hutchinson of The Star-Ledger
- Giants were ‘dead silent’ and ‘hurt’ when Wilson went down by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Rashad Jennings ready to run for Giants by Tom Rock of Newsday
Articles on New York Giants Tight Ends:
- Larry Donnell takes early lead in TE competition by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- After year off, journeyman in middle of Giants’ tight end battle by Howie Kussoy of The New York Post
- Kellen Davis, from Super inactive to starter? by Kieran Darcy of ESPNNewYork.com
Articles on New York Giants Defensive Line:
- Michael Strahan finding time to mold Damontre Moore in his image by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Slimmer Mike Patterson looks to make impact on Giants’ D-line by Howie Kussoy of The New York Post
Articles on New York Giants Defensive Backs:
- Walter Thurmond brings Seahawks swagger to Giants by Mark Cannizzaro of The New York Post
- ‘Rebuilt’ Stevie Brown set to roll for Giants by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
Articles on Former Giant DE Michael Strahan:
- Michael Strahan commanded respect by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Michael Strahan: Giants scout recalls what sold him on the future Hall of Famer by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
- Check out Michael Strahan’s scouting report that landed the Hall of Famer with the Giants by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
- Steve Tisch saw something special in NY Giants star Michael Strahan from start by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News