[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
GIANTS WAIVE DAMONTRE MOORE…
In a surprise move, the New York Giants have waived defensive end Damontre Moore, the team’s 3rd round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.
“We made the move today in the interest of both parties,” said General Manager Jerry Reese.
NFL.com is reporting that Moore was waived, in part, because he got into a fight with a teammate before practice. According to ESPN.com, Moore’s release was “due to repeated violations of team rules and behavior and maturity issues that have not improved during his three years in the NFL” and “that the decision to waive him was based on the accumulation of issues, not just one fight.”
ESPN.com also said that Moore repeatedly responded poorly to efforts by teammates, coaches, and team officials to take practice more seriously and “feuded openly with some team officials, including general manager Jerry Reese, when confronted about his behavior.”
Moore played in 11 games in 2015 with no starts, accruing 23 tackles, 3 sacks, and 1 forced fumble. Despite being healthy, Moore was inactive in Week 7 against Dallas, presumably for his late hit against the Eagles the week before.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 11, 2015
Indications are there was a recent incident that led to the release of NYG DE Damontre Moore, but it was also an accumulation of incidents.
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) December 11, 2015
NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
DE Robert Ayers (neck) and LB Devon Kennard (hamstring/foot) did not practice on Friday. Ayers was a new addition to the injury report after fully practicing on Thursday.
LT Ereck Flowers (ankle), RT Marshall Newhouse (back) and S Brandon Meriweather (knee) were limited in practice. Flowers returned to practice after not practicing on Thursday.
TOM COUGHLIN AND THE COORDINATORS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Head Coach Tom Coughlin (Video)
- Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo (Video)
- Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn (Video)
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Giants must abandon four-running back rotation by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Rashad Jennings’ frustrations with Giants: Can’t ‘play my game’ by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Rueben Randle at a loss to explain drop-off this season with Giants by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- Giants great Carl Banks tackles his own emotions on Rueben Randle by Bob Raissman of The New York Daily News
- What Giants rookie Bobby Hart learned in 1st start, where he’s playing now and more | Giants 4 Downs by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Kennard’s injury issues highlight another Giants might-have-been by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Giants’ Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie: If you need to be pumped up ‘you shouldn’t be on the field’ by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Josh Brown looks for opportunity to redeem himself by Bob Glauber of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
Instead of practicing, the Giants will hold a “recovery day” on Saturday. The players will select two of six recovery stations, based on seniority. Their choices are massage, yoga, FMS (Functional Movement Screen) exercises designed for the individual, air compression boots, contrast bath (between a hot and cold tub), and self-massage with stick rollers and elastic bands.
The Giants will also have a 45-minute, up-tempo “walk-thru” practice on Sunday that is not open to the media. The Giants play the Miami Dolphins on Monday.