VICTOR CRUZ SAYS HE’S 100 PERCENT…
NJ.com spoke with New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz on Friday. Cruz did not play in any preseason or regular-season games in 2015. Cruz was placed on Injured Reserve in November 2015 due to a left calf injury suffered in August that never healed and required surgery. It was the third leg injury that Cruz has suffered since signing his big 6-year contract in July 2013, including arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in 2013 and career-threatening patellar tendon surgery on his right knee in 2014.
“I’m feeling great,” said Cruz. “Workouts have been going amazing. Each day, it gets better and better. I’m excited to continue to train, continue that pattern, and see where it takes me…I’m 100 percent. I feel good. No injuries, no ailments, nothing hurts, no pain.
“This offseason program is using the OTA days as building blocks. We’re using these days to build up as we go along, and then when I go on my own (in the summer), my personal trainer will have a rapport with the Giants staff in order to keep that building block process going. By training camp, I should be pretty much ready to go.”
GIANTS EXPRESSED INTEREST IN JOSH NORMAN…
National Football Post reported that the New York Giants were one of nine teams that expressed interest in unrestricted free agent cornerback Josh Norman (Carolina Panthers). The Panthers recently removed their Franchise designation from Norman. However, the Washington Redskins signed Norman to a 5-year, $75 million contract on Friday.
- Jerry Reese puts pressure on himself to score in NFL Draft by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Giants GM Jerry Reese is drafting for his job by Steve Politi for NJ.com
- This draft class won’t determine Giants GM’s future — previous classes will have major impact too by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- Who has emerged as the Giants leaders already? by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Jennings’ McAdoo endorsement also a warning: no favorites by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Rashad Jennings not afraid of a little competition if Giants opt to add another running back by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Victor Cruz’s comeback creates Giants optimism by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Could the Giants pass on Myles Jack if he falls to No. 10? by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Will Giants gamble on athletic freak who is draft’s biggest risk? by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post