GIANTS CUT JEROME CUNNINGHAM AND G.J. KINNE…
The New York Giants have waived tight end Jerome Cunningham and quarterback/safety G.J. Kinne.
The Giants signed Kinne to the Practice Squad in September 2015. Kinne was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the New York Jets after the 2012 NFL Draft. Since then, he has spent time with the Jets (2012), UFL – Omaha Nighthawks (2012), AFL – Antonio Talons (2013), and Philadelphia Eagles (2013-15). After spending two years on Philadelphia’s Practice Squad in 2013-14, the Eagles converted him from quarterback to wide receiver and running back. The Giants used him at safety in practice at times in 2015.
Cunningham spent the first five weeks of the 2015 season on the 53-man roster, was waived and signed to the Practice Squad in October, and then re-signed to the 53-man roster in early November. In all, Cunningham played in nine games with three starts, catching eight passes for 59 yards. Cunningham played college football at Southern Connecticut State University from 2009-2012, but remained unsigned until the Giants signed him in August 2014.
- During year Jerry Reese can’t fail, Giants go with proven talent at NFL draft by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Giants rookie minicamp: Three things to watch, including Eli Apple and Paul Perkins by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Archie Manning: Eli excited about addition of OU’s Sterling Shepard by John McClain for Chron.com
- What advice did Rookie Jerell Adams get from his college coach? by Dan Graziano of Giants.com
- Point Boro TE Ryan Malleck thinks he can help Giants by Stephen Edelson for APP.com
- Long Island’s Schnayder Termidor gets invite to Giants rookie minicamp by Tom Rock of Newsday