GIANTS SIGN ISHAQ WILLIAMS AND MATT SMALLEY…
Though not officially announced, the New York Giants have reportedly signed defensive end/linebacker Ishaq Williams (Notre Dame) and cornerback Matt Smalley (Lafayette), two of the unsigned tryout players who participated in this week’s rookie mini-camp.
Other than a January all-star game, the 6’4”, 253-pound Williams last played football in 2013 after being implicated in an academic dishonesty scandal at Notre Dame. A good athlete, Williams played both defensive end and linebacker in college.
The 5’9”, 184-pound Smalley lacks ideal size but he has good quickness and speed. Smalley has experience returning punts and kickoffs.
NEW YORK GIANTS ROOKIE MINI-CAMP ENDS…
The second and last day of the New York Giants 2-day rookie mini-camp was held on Saturday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Seventy-four (74) players – draft picks, signed rookie free agents, first-year players who have not completed a season of credited service, and street and rookie free agent tryout players – were in attendance. There was no media access to the Giants on Saturday.
The news players worked with the strength and conditioning coaches on Sunday.
- Eli Apple doesn’t work in the slot | 5 Giants minicamp observations by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giants’ Shepard comes from a sterling family by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants’ Sterling Shepard has opportunity to fill big shoes with No. 87 by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- How Beckham, Cruz defy the rip that’s haunted Sterling Shepard by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Wide Receiver Sterling Shepard ready for big role in Giants Offense by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
- Why rookie’s sheer voice impressed Giants in safety battle by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- How foul-prone NCAA hoops star became Giants’ TE hope by George Willis of The New York Post
- Giants hooping it up with UTEP’s Cedrick Lang by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants giving Notre Dame’s Ishaq Williams his second chance by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Well-connected quarterback trying to make Giants on merit by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post