SEPTEMBER 22, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT – DARIAN THOMPSON OUT…
New York Giants free safety Darian Thompson (sprained foot), who was limited in practice on Wednesday, missed practice on Thursday and has been ruled out of Sunday’s game against the Washington Redskins. Worse, ESPN.com is reporting that there is “serious concern” that the injury could be a long-term problem. Thompson’s foot will officially now be evaluated on a week-to-week basis.
“I don’t think it’s serious,” said Thompson, who was wearing a walking boot on his left foot. “Right now, it’s just a minor sprain… I don’t know exactly what they call it, but I just know it’s on the top of the foot and they told me it’s minor,”
Offensive tackle Marshall Newhouse (calf) and defensive tackle Robert Thomas (illness) did not practice on Thursday. Running back Rashad Jennings (thumb) was limited. Defensive end Olivier Vernon (wrist) was added to the injury report but he fully practiced.
THE COACHES SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Offensive Coordinator Mike Sullivan (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo (Video)
- Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- RB Rashad Jennings (Video)
- WR Sterling Shepard (Video)
- DT Johnathan Hankins (Giants.com Insider Video)
- LB Jonathan Casillas (Video)
- S Darian Thompson (Video)
- S Nat Berhe (Video)
- Behind Landon Collins’ rise: an offseason ex-NFLer raves about by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Why Giants safety Landon Collins is thriving early in second season by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Weston Richburg looking forward to facing Cullen Jenkins by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Rashad Jennings says Giants will stand for national anthem by Bob Glauber of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
Head Coach Ben McAdoo and select position coaches and players will address the media on Friday.