Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. (ankle), offensive lineman D.J. Fluker (leg), and linebacker B.J. Goodson (leg) are officially listed as “questionable” for the game against the Detroit Lions on Monday night. Linebacker Keenan Robinson (concussion) will not play in the game.
“(Goodson) has a lower leg injury,” said Head Coach Ben McAdoo. “It’s something that has been bothering him over the last couple of days… It happened yesterday. It got sore as practice went on. We pulled him out (of practice)… (Fluker the same), late in practice.”
“We will see how it goes (with Beckham),” said McAdoo. “We will get in there and do a little bit of work this morning. Then tomorrow we will go in and have our launch day. Take a look at him tomorrow and see how it goes… It’s a medical decision. We’re just seeing his level of confidence and where he is sticking his foot in the ground… The biggest thing is you don’t want to put a player out there that is going to do any harm to himself or injure himself any more than he is. It is an injury. It’s a tough injury. He’s fighting through it and doing everything he can to get back, but we’re going to be smart with him.”
Wide receiver Tavarres King (ankle), right tackle Bobby Hart (ankle), defensive tackle Jay Bromley (knee), and cornerback Janoris Jenkins (ankle/hand) are “probable” for the game.
“Bobby Hart is improving,” said McAdoo. “Bobby got through practice yesterday. He did fine out there yesterday. We will take a look and see how he does tomorrow.”
THE COACHES SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Ben McAdoo Press Conference (Video)
- Ben McAdoo Giants.com Q&A
- Tight Ends Coach Kevin M. Gilbride (Video)
- Defensive Line Coach Patrick Graham (Video)
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- It’s only Week 2, but Giants’ McAdoo facing crucial game in coaching career by Tara Sullivan of The Bergen Record
- Giants coach Ben McAdoo explains why he calls plays | Random observations by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- Giants’ Orleans Darkwa: All RBs have to run better by Zach Braziller of The New York Post
- XLII memories from the Giants’ Super Bowl XLII championship season by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- 10 years after greatest catch in Super Bowl history, David Tyree still blends into the crowd by Pat Leonard of The Daily News
- 10 years later, Tyree’s catch is still the talk of the town by Tom Rock of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
There is no media availability to the New York Giants on Sunday. The Giants play the Detroit Lions at home on Monday night.