[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
GIANTS PLACE FOUR ON INJURED RESERVE, INCLUDING D.J. FLUKER…
The New York Giants have placed right guard D.J. Fluker (toe), linebacker Curtis Grant (knee), linebacker Deontae Skinner (hamstring), and cornerback Donte Deayon (fractured forearm) on Injured Reserve.
Fluker injured his toe in the November 19 game against the Kansas City Chiefs. The other three players were injured during the Thanksgiving game against the Washington Redskins.
The Giants also claimed linebacker Ray-Ray Armstrong off of waivers from the San Francisco 49ers and signed free agent linebacker Jeremy Cash.
Armstrong was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the St. Louis Rams after the 2013 NFL Draft. He has spent time with the Rams (2013-2014), Oakland Raiders (2014-2015), and San Francisco 49ers (2015-2017). The 49ers waived him in November 2017. The 6’3”, 220-pound Armstrong has played in 58 regular-season games with ten starts, five of which came in 2017 with the 49ers.
Cash was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Carolina Panthers after the 2016 NFL Draft. He has spent time with the Panthers (2016-2017) and New York Jets (2017). The 6’0”, 230-pound Cash has played in nine NFL games with no starts.
- Giants’ lack of LB depth highlighted in loss to Redskins | Snap count analysis by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- Giants offense will try to avoid this putrid history in final 5 games by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Eli Manning knows the pain of playing before one is ready by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Eli Apple’s attitude toward criticism led to near walk-out by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Watch the 2 plays by Eli Apple that reportedly angered his Giants teammates by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- Hall of Famer thinks Giants LB is ready to take the reins by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Giants owner John Mara can’t let injuries get in the way of making the right call with his front office, coaches by Pat Leonard of The Daily News
- Giants QB Watch: Baker Mayfield continues to help NFL draft stock with his play by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
Select New York Giants players will be available to the press on Tuesday. The Giants return to practice on Wednesday in preparation for Sunday’s away game against the Oakland Raiders.