[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
MARCH 14, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS FREE AGENT NEWS AND RUMORS…
The official NFL free agency signing period began on March 9th. Here is the latest news and rumors regarding the New York Giants:
- The NFL Network reports that unrestricted free agent wide receiver Rueben Randle (New York Giants) will be visiting the Los Angeles Rams, the first of several scheduled visits.
- CBS Sports reports that unrestricted free agent left tackle Russell Okung (Seattle Seahawks) has contract offers on the table from the New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Detroit Lions. The Seahawks and 49ers are also said to be interested in his services. Okung, who is representing himself in contract negotiations, met with the Giants last Friday. The 28-year old Okung was originally drafted in the 1st round (6th overall pick) of the 2010 NFL Draft. Okung needed left shoulder surgery to repair a dislocation suffered in the 2015 playoffs and reportedly is still recovering from that procedure.
- The NFL Network had reported that the New York Giants were one of three teams “in the mix” for the services of unrestricted free agent safety Chris Conte (Tampa Bay Buccaneers). But Conte re-signed with the Buccaneers on Sunday.
- ESPN reports that the New York Giants have expressed interest in unrestricted free agent linebacker O’Brien Schofield (Atlanta Falcons), but Schofield told the Giants “no thanks.” The Giants pursued Schofield in free agency two years ago, but Schofield failed the team’s physical at that time.
Keenan Robinson Giants deal $2.6M, salary $1.15M, $1M roster bonus 10th day 2016 yr, $21,875 per game active, up to $900K playtime incentive
— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) March 13, 2016
Prince Amukamara one-year Jaguars deal: $5.5 million, $3M gtd, $1.5M signing bonus, salary $3.5M ($1.5M gtd), $31,250 per game active bonus
— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) March 14, 2016
NEW YORK POST Q&A WITH OLIVIER VERNON…
Olivier Vernon on $85M, 6-game chicken wing ban and sacking Brady by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Giants might be able to find bargains on Anquan Boldin and Chris Conte in second wave of free agency by Ebenzer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Grading the Giants’ free-agency spending spree by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- What Giants must do to snap doomed history of huge splurges by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Hey, Big Spender! Jerry Reese takes Giant gamble in era where you can’t buy NFL titles by Gary Myers of The New York Daily News
- Giants’ 2016 free agent signings, contract details, cap space by Jordan Raanan and James Kratch for NJ.com
- How one long drive home changed Janoris Jenkins’ life by Tom Rock of Newsday
- If Giants finally draft a first-round linebacker, this is what it’ll look like by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Gary Jeter’s daughter recalls late father, standout defensive lineman, a true Giant by Michael O’Keeffe of The New York Daily News