[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
New York Giants Mini-Camp – Day 2: The second day of the New York Giants mandatory, 3-day mini-camp was held on Wednesday. The final practice is Thursday before the team breaks until summer training camp on July 21.
For more on today’s practice, see:
- Giants: Practice report from Day 2 of minicamp by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
For more on Tuesday’s practice, see:
- New York Giants Mini-Camp Practice – Day 1: Quick Hits and Tidbits by Connor Hughes of BigBlueInteractive.com
- 5 takeaways from Day 1 include concerns about Chris Snee’s future by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Video of practice highlights are also available from Giants.com.
Four Players Try Out for New York Giants: The following four tryout players were at mini-camp on Wednesday:
- OG Steve Greene (Connecticut)
- OG John Sullen (ex-Cincinnati Bengals)
- DT Gilbert Pena (ex-New England Patriots and Green Bay Packers)
- DT Everett Dawkins (ex-Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys, and Minnesota Vikings)
June 18, 2014 New York Giants Injury Report: TE Larry Donnell was taken to the hospital by ambulance after practice due to dehydration . He was scheduled to be discharged from the hospital in the afternoon.
Not practicing on Wednesday were RB Peyton Hillis (undisclosed muscle injury), WR Mario Manningham (knee), RG Chris Snee (hip/elbow), LT Will Beatty (leg), OG John Jerry (knee), LB Jon Beason (foot), and CB Trumaine McBride (hip). RB David Wilson (neck) only participated in individual drills.
“It’s the post-surgical rehab that we knew was going to be the issue,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin when asked about Manningham. “Hopefully he’ll be okay for camp…There was a serious procedure, so he’s still coming back. He played a little bit and didn’t help himself…I hope he can make a play like the last time he was here.”
“I went and got scoped in January so that’s what I’m rehabbing,” said Manningham. “I’m not worried at all. Rehab is not like I’m just sitting around and not doing anything. That’s my whole point of getting back on the field – rehab, doing something every day, doing something every day and every week to make my knee stronger.”
WR Odell Beckham (hamstring) participated in a limited number of team drills.
“Definitely not top speed right now,” said Beckham. “It’s getting up there, like 85 (percent). You don’t to open up too much. You never know what can happen. Hamstring injuries, it’s one of those things that are very nagging. You don’t want to push it too much.”
June 18, 2014 New York Giants Player Media Q&As: Transcripts and video of Wednesday’s media Q&A sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- QB Eli Manning (Video)
- WR Odell Beckham, Jr. (Video)
- WR Mario Manningham (Video)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Video)
- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Video)
Article on QB Eli Manning: Eli Manning: Accuracy, tempo vital to Giants new offense by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Articles on WR Mario Manningham:
- Mario Manningham came back too fast with 49ers, trying to get it right with Giants by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
- Mario Manningham returns to Giants with something to prove by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Article on New York Giants Defensive Ends:
- Giants’ Moore plans to show why they called him ‘DaMonster’ by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Jason Pierre-Paul eager to prove doubters wrong, healthy pass rusher vows to have ‘crazy’ year for NY Giants by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
Article on the New York Giants Linebackers: How do Giants linebackers share info? by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
Quotes: Head Coach Tom Coughlin on DE Damontre Moore: “He’s made good, steady progress. He’s, naturally, a year later, a year more into it so he’s more comfortable with what’s going on. It’s not one of those things where you don’t notice that he’s out there because he does have a correction here or there. We like what we see. His continued development in the weight room with just some added muscle and strength, a little bit more size is something that will help a lot.”