Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. (ankle) and linebacker Keenan Robinson (concussion) did not practice on Wednesday.
“(Beckham) got some treatment,” said Head Coach Ben McAdoo. “He’s getting all of the work in he can get and we’ll see how he progresses… We are just going to take it day by day. If he is cleared medically to play in the game, we will play him. If not, we won’t… if it is safe for the player to play and he is not going to do further harm to himself physically, then we would think about playing him, but I have never put a player out there who would do further damage to himself physically… It’s a medical decision.”
“I feel better,” said Beckham. “It’s a new day. So just taking it day to day… Whenever they clear it, then we’ll be cleared. So, it’s just kind of – it’s really a day to day thing. I feel better than I did yesterday. I feel better than I did the day before yesterday. So, it’s progress… I’ve done some running and cutting… I wouldn’t count (me playing on Sunday) out… If I have to wear a brace or tape it, then I’m probably not going to play.”
Fullback Shane Smith (quad), wide receiver Tavarres King (ankle), defensive tackle Jay Bromley (knee), cornerback Eli Apple (ankle), and cornerback Michael Hunter (concussion) fully practiced.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- WR Odell Beckham (Video)
- LB Justin Pugh (Video)
- LB B.J. Goodson (Video)
- CB Eli Apple (Video)
- S Landon Collins (Video)
- Giants went all-out for Eli Manning — who’s about to show you why by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Manning and Brady meeting down the road? Make it happen, football gods by Tara Sullivan of The Bergen Record
- Brandon Marshall came to Giants so he could dream big by Howie Kussoy of The New York Post
- What more can Capi do to turn preseason dominance into spot on 53? Giants hope to find out by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Undrafted rookies live the dream of making Giants’ roster by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Giants down another past draft pick, but are getting remarkably younger | Roster notes by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Giants, NFL didn’t always have stronghold on sports culture in U.S. by Neil Best of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants practice on Thursday at 11:20AM. The team’s coordinators will also address the media after practice.