[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
New York Giants Mini-Camp Ends: The third and final day of the New York Giants mandatory, 3-day mini-camp was held on Thursday. Practice was called after only a few minutes when rain started to fall. Head Coach Tom Coughlin chose not to continue practice within the team’s indoor facility.
The rookies will spend one more day at Quest Diagnostics Center. Players are off until scheduled to report to Quest Diagnostics Center on July 21 for the start of summer training camp.
For more on today’s practice, see:
- New York Giants Mini-Camp Practice – Day 3: Quick Hits and Tidbits by Connor Hughes of BigBlueInteractive.com
For more on Wednesday’s practice, see:
- Giants Minicamp Day 2 takeaways: Odell Beckham has special talent by Jordan Raanan ofNJ.com
New York Giants Sign OT DeMarcus Love and DT Everett Dawkins: The Giants have signed street free agents OT DeMarcus Love and DT Everett Dawkins. To make room for these two, the Giants waived OT Steven Baker and DT Eathyn Manumaleuna.
BBI scouting report on OT DeMarcus Love:
- The Giants signed DeMarcus Love as a street free agent in June 2014. Love was originally drafted in the 6th round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings waived him in October 2013 and he was then picked up by the Jacksonville Jaguars, who waived him in June 2014. Love has a nice combination of size and athleticism. He needs to play with more nastiness and fire. He also needs to improve his overall technique in order to make it at the NFL level.
BBI scouting report on DT Everett Dawkins:
- The Giants signed Everett Dawkins as a street free agent in June 2014. Dawkins was originally drafted in the 7th round of the 2013 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings. The Dallas Cowboys signed Dawkins off of the Vikings Practice Squad in November 2013, but waived him three weeks later. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers then signed him to their Practice Squad. The Buccaneers waived Dawkins in June 2014. Dawkins is a 3-technique tackle who lacks ideal size, but he is quick and athletic and can be disruptive. He needs to add size and strength. Dawkins is not overly stout against the run. He needs to play with better leaverage.
June 19, 2014 New York Giants Coach Media Q&As: Transcripts and video of Thursday’s media Q&A sessions with the following coaches are available at Giants.com or BigBlueInteractive.com:
- Head Coach Tom Coughlin (Video) (NFL Network Interview)
- Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell (Video)
- Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn (Video)
- Quarterbacks Coach Danny Langsdorf (Video)
- Running Backs Coach Craig Johnson (Video)
- Wide Receivers Coach Sean Ryan (Video)
- Tight Ends Coach Kevin Gilbride, Jr. (Video)
- Offensive Line Coach Pat Flaherty (Video)
- Defensive Line Coach Robert Nunn (Video)
- Linebackers Coach Jim Herrmann (Video)
- Cornerbacks Coach Peter Giunta (Video)
- Safeties Coach David Merritt (Video)
June 19, 2014 New York Giants Player Media Q&As: Transcripts and video of Thursday’s media Q&A sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
Articles on Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo:
- Ben McAdoo: ‘I’ve been groomed’ by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Ben McAdoo: I’ll fix Eli Manning and Giants offense by Steve Serby of The New York Post
Article on Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell: Fewell optimistic about Giants’ D, naturally by Kieran Darcy of ESPNNewYork.com
Article on QB Eli Manning: NY Giants QB Eli Manning insists he has a lot of good years left by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
Article on the New York Giants Running Backs: Giants’ Backfield Runs Into the Great Wide Open by Alex Raskin of The Wall Street Journal
Article on WR Victor Cruz: Giants: Victor Cruz out to show more by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
Article on WR Corey Washington: Low on Giants’ depth chart, Corey Washington stands tall by Tom Rock of Newsday
Article on TE Adrien Robinson: Adrien Robinson the favorite to start for Giants at tight end? Think again by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Article on DE Robert Ayers and CB Walter Thurmond: Newcomers Ayers, Thurmond getting used to Giants by Jim Hague of The Sacramento Bee
Article on CB Charles James: New and Improved Charles James Flashing with Giants by Connor Hughes of BigBlueInteractive.com