DALLAS COWBOYS 31 – NEW YORK GIANTS 21
The New York Giants dropped their fourth game of the season, and second consecutive divisional game, to the Dallas Cowboys, 31-21. Below are several quick hits and tidbits from the Giant defeat, including stats and post-game notes.
- OLB Bruce Carter
- DT Davon Coleman
- DE Jack Crawford
- OT Doug Free
- DB Jakar Hamilton
- OT Donald Hawkins
New York Giants
- OT James Brewer
- DT Jay Bromley
- RB Rashad Jennings
- OG Brandon Mosley
- OG Adam Snyder
- WR Corey Washington
- On the Giants second touchdown, quarterback Eli Manning hit tight end Daniel Fells for a 27-yard touchdown. The touchdown marked the eighth for a Giants tight end this season. The eight scores by the tight ends are the most by the positional group since 2009 when Kevin Boss caught six touchdowns and Darcy Johnson two. If another tight end catches a touchdown pass this season, it will mark the first time in more than two decades that the positional group had nine touchdowns or more.
- For the third straight game, Eli Manning did not throw an interception. In 2013, Manning threw interceptions in all but three games. It is the first time Manning has gone three games without an interception since 2008.
- Through the season’s first seven games, Eli Manning has thrown just five interceptions. At this point last year, Manning had thrown 15.
- After catching just one pass the last two games, Larry Donnell caught seven passes for 90 yards. With Victor Cruz absent, the team used both Preston Parker and Odell Beckham Jr. in the slot.
- Jason Pierre-Paul had two sacks versus Dallas. It was his ninth multi-sack performance of his career and his first since Oct. 14, 2012 versus San Francisco.
- Prince Amukamara and Jacquian Williams led the Giants with seven tackles each.
- After allowing LeSean McCoy to run for 149 yards a week ago, Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray rushed for 128.
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie started the game playing just third downs, but did not play the second half. Amukamara guarded Dez Bryant for the majority of the game. Bryant caught nine passes for 151 yards
- Giants DT Cullen Jenkins left the game with a leg injury and was seen in a walking boot following the game. The Giants used both Markus Kuhn and Mike Patterson in his place.
- Linebacker Jon Beason left the game in the first half and was taken back to the locker room for x-rays on his injured toe. The x-rays came back negative, but Beason did not return to the game.
- Jason Pierre-Paul missed a few plays with an unknown injury, but returned to the game.