[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
JULY 30, 2018 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP REPORT…
The New York Giants held their fifth full-team summer training camp practice on Monday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The complete training camp schedule is available at Giants.com.
Not practicing on Monday were cornerback Donte Deayon (hamstring), running back Jonathan Stewart (unknown), defensive lineman R.J. McIntosh (unknown – Active/Non-Football Illness list) and tight end Garrett Dickerson (hamstring).
Safety Curtis Riley and linebacker Avery Moss left practice early with an unknown leg injuries.
Some snippets from various media sources:
- There was a heavy focus on the running game today at practice.
- In 11-on-11 drills, linebacker B.J. Goodson clobbered running back Wayne Gallman in the backfield.
- Running back Jalen Simmons ran over linebacker Calvin Munson.
- Tempers flared after linebacker Olivier Vernon hit running back Wayne Gallman hard after he caught a swing pass and Gallman threw the ball at Vernon.
- Cornerback Kenneth Durden made a couple of plays, including a diving interception in the end zone.
- Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. made a touch catch on the run in traffic and scored in red-zone drills.
- Quarterback Eli Manning found wide receiver Sterling Shepard for a touchdown in the red zone. Manning completed a lot of short, high-percentage passes today.
- Returning punts were wide receivers Kalif Raymond, Hunter Sharp, Sterling Shepard, and Odell Beckham, Jr.
- Tight end Jerell Adams beat linebacker Romeo Okwara down the seam for a catch.
- Wide receiver Amba Etta-Tawo made a nice catch over cornerback Grant Haley.
- Linebackers B.J. Goodson and Ray-Ray Armstrong were very active. Goodson came free on a blitz for a “sack.”
- Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. beat cornerback Eli Apple one-on-one along the sideline and turned upfield for a long touchdown. Overall, Apple had a solid day in most 1-on-1 situations however.
- Jordan Williams had back-to-back sacks.
- Wide receiver Travis Rudolph caught a pair of touchdowns.
- A scuffle broke out between offensive lineman Jarron Jones and defensive lineman Kristjan Sokoli.
- Wide receiver Kalif Raymond was the first one to return kickoffs at practice.
- Linebacker Olivier Vernon and left tackle Nate Solder practiced one-on-one after practice was over.
THE COACHES SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- QB Davis Webb
- TE Rhett Ellison (Video)
- LG Will Hernandez (Video)
- S Andrew Adams (Giants.com Insider Video)
Audio clips of ESPN Radio interviews with the following players are available at ESPN.com:
- QB Eli Manning (Audio)
- RB Saquon Barkley (Audio)
- TE Evan Engram (Audio)
- DT Damon Harrison (Audio)
- LB Alec Ogletree (Audio)
- High school rivals team up on Giants’ offense by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- While Giants work, Garrett Dickerson waiting for his chance by Steve Popper for The Bergen Record
- Jon Halapio battles close friend Brett Jones for Giants’ starting center job by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants have the perfect system to bring out best in Olivier Vernon by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Why A.J. Francis sees himself as Big Blue’s Han Solo in quest to make the team by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record